Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

PolyOS 4.1

Large number of reports of X30/X50/X70 TC8s again not working in Teams mode, typically reporting "Couldn't find device" or occasionally "Waiting for pairing" usually multiple times a day, rebooting fixes the problem temporarily 

I believe this could be a bug in Teams to-do with the session the TC8 creates when it signs into the Microsoft portal / enrollment, but I'm not sure if this is two individual problems with similar symptoms.

The devices are usually plugged into the same switch, we have noticed that the session on Microsoft-Intune for the TC8 in some incidents hasn't been updated or signed-in, leading me to think it's a bug with keeping the Teams login alive.

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello @ocaudeo ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

When you say unpairing, is this on a PolyOS level or Microsoft Teams?

If on Microsoft Teams this is a known issue with our Partner Microsoft. They are working on a new APK which should have final improvements.

I suggest you contact Microsoft Support.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

We are experiencing the same issue with Zoom Rooms - same devices, same OS. The tablet says "waiting for pairing" and the TV displays "Please check your network connection. Then click retry to re-connect". In addition, the cameras are not pingable and the web console is unavailable. The Poly devices are unusable until we reboot the camera 1 to 3 times. This will happen again and again to the same units every 3 or 4 days.

HP Recommended

Hello @MediumRoast ,

Welcome back to the Poly Community.

This is/was a Teams specific issue as the device was paired on a PolyOS level. Your case sounds different so please get this into support.

The best and quickest way forward is to contact our Support organization as the community is run by volunteers only.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello @ocaudeo and @MediumRoast 

please see >here<

Best regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Hello

I found this:

support (poly.com)

According to it, it is a app that freeze in the android system, fix might be released with the 4.1 version

regards

HP Recommended

Hello @lotfi 

the Microsoft Teams App error message "Waiting for pairing, couldn't find device" would show in different occurrences:

• For a short duration during a reboot of the Studio X/G7500 until they pair at Teams level and then via Microsoft
  • Sometimes (maybe 14 days) a bug on our Partner Microsoft Teams' end prevented this from happening. See >here<
  • Always due to firewall / proxy see >here<
  • For a longer while until a Studio X/G7500 has crashed and needs a physical power cycle aka the article you linked to

In regards to a fix in 4.1, I am unaware as we still do not have the root cause for number 4 and recommend daily reboot of the unit.

Best regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Hi, We have managed to resolve this as we have been struggling with this issue since 20/06/23

It turns out in their infinite wisdom, Microsoft have made changes to their licencing.

You would have previously assigned your rooms login a Teams Rooms licence. This has now changed to basic or pro. The basic licence is enough to get the Polys working.

I hope this helps

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.