Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello,

Since the last updates to Studio X30/X50, our Teams enabled Poly devices do not show the incoming video of our other Teams enabled Poly devices.

Poly to an individual will show the room video, but if the Poly joins a meeting in progress it will not show the room video.

Example: Room 1 has a meeting with Room 2, and Room 1 can see both of the video but Room 2 cannot see Room 1's video.

Turning the video on and off, putting the affected room on hold, and leaving the meeting and rejoining do not fix the issue. 

I have looked through all available settings on both Teams and Poly Admin and cannot find anything that would disable the video when joining a meeting. 
I have also factory reset and set up the affected devices, but this does not appear to resolve the issue.

One thing of note is that the camera appears to flash on the screen before stopping the video, something that did not happen before this update.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @golabki , @Support Team , @KC94  and @Poly-User ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

Poly, like any other MTRoA manufacturer, gets the Application{s) from our partner Microsoft.

If a version supported and officially tested by Microsoft runs into an issue the quickest and easiest way to get support is to contact Microsoft. If the device is signed in to Microsoft Teams this can be done directly via the device.

Alternatively please do this via the Teams Admin Center. This way our partner can access the logs and help the customer.

To my own personal knowledge, we are aware and are working with our Partner Microsoft on this as this seems to be a problem with their supplied Androids Teams APK. The ticket reference for this is 257344 on the Microsoft side. I can only suggest contacting Microsoft on this as Poly will not be able to fix this from my understanding.

Alternatively downgrade to 3.2.3 with the limitation of the TC8 UI based on the original Microsoft certification.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

38 REPLIES 38
HP Recommended

Hello @Support Team ,

Stating the latest software does not help others when finding this post in days, weeks, months or years to come as they do not know what software mentioned was current at the time of writing.

Please therefore always post the exact complete build id.

We, therefore, assume you are experiencing this when using the latest 3.3.2 build?

I would urgently contact our Partner Microsoft as they supply the software running for Teams. In parallel please also open a ticket via our support team and quote the Microsoft reference.

I suggest until then you downgrade to 3.2.3 as this is the last supported build by Microsoft.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Same problem here, Poly X50 Studio with the integrated Microsoft Teams application.

X50 firmware version: 3.3.2-286154 (latest)

Microsoft Teams version: 1449/1.0.96.2021032002 (latest - integrated with the X50 latest firmware)

So I understand your latest firmware for the X50 is not recommended, not tested, and not supported?

Why is it not marked as "Beta version"? 

Where are the links to the previous firmware version with instruction how to downgrade?

HP Recommended

Hello @Poly-User ,

I am unsure who you addressing your reply to but 3.3.2 is a Microsoft certified Release so no idea where you come from when you mention this being a beta.

Our support page offers all software versions and working with support should be the next step to find the root cause.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

On your previous reply you said:

"I suggest until then you downgrade to 3.2.3 as this is the last supported build by Microsoft."

But now you're saying:

"3.3.2 is a Microsoft certified Release"

So, is version 3.3.2 is certified but not supported?

HP Recommended

Hello @Poly-User ,

Our Partner Microsoft has certified 3.3.2 and this is not a Beta. If you are finding issues with 3.3.2 the last certified build from our Partner Microsoft is 3.2.3

We still would need to see the logs for 3.3.2 in our support organization to check if we can understand the issue at hand.

Via the medium of a community forum we are unable to do this so please work with our official support organization.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Hi,

We're experiencing the same issues with our X30 & X50 devices after the update to 3.3.2. After working with Poly support, they recommended doing an RMA on our devices. Even after the RMA, we still experience the same issue.

Video mute & video unmute seems to get it working for us, however this hasn't previously been reliable on the old X30 & X50's.

Has anyone got a solution for this whilst we wait for Poly support to get back to me?

HP Recommended

We just moved into a new building and installed 17 Teams Room conference rooms using Poly X50's and X30's with TC8 tabletop displays and are also having the same issues using 3.3.2.  Here is the behavior we have witnessed:

1) When doing a "Meet Now" the outbound video from the room works about 50% of the time.  Turning off the camera then back on usually resolve the issue

2) When attending a scheduled meeting using the room the outbound video from the room will come on for about 2 seconds for remote participants and then will go back off.  The only way for remote participants to be able to view the video from the room is to have them "pin" the video and then it will show back up on their end.

We have downgraded the firmware to 3.2.3 which seemed to resolve the video issues, but the TC8's interface was much less intuitive on the 3.3.2 version.  

Our vendor/reseller is opening a support request with Poly on our behalf but this is incredibly  disappointing.  Any help Poly can provide related to this would be very much appreciated.

HP Recommended

Hello @golabki , @Support Team , @KC94  and @Poly-User ,

Poly, like any other MTRoA manufacturer, gets the Application{s) from our partner Microsoft.

If a version supported and officially tested by Microsoft runs into an issue the quickest and easiest way to get support is to contact Microsoft. If the device is signed in to Microsoft Teams this can be done directly via the device.

Alternatively please do this via the Teams Admin Center. This way our partner can access the logs and help the customer.

To my own personal knowledge, we are aware and are working with our Partner Microsoft on this as this seems to be a problem with their supplied Androids Teams APK. The ticket reference for this is 257344 on the Microsoft side. I can only suggest contacting Microsoft on this as Poly will not be able to fix this from my understanding.

Alternatively downgrade to 3.2.3 with the limitation of the TC8 UI based on the original Microsoft certification.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Hi,

We're still having the same issue, version 3.3.2 on 7 X50+TC8 devices.

Not sure why this version is still available on the devices as firmware update, if you're already aware of the problem...

Is it possible to downgrade only the Microsoft Teams application (APK)?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.