Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello,

We can’t find camera control (zoom in/out, preselection) screen on Trio8800 as controler paired with the X30/X50.

One can access the screen on the TC8 tablet, but I really didn’t find any way to access it on the Trio 8800

Is it a known "bad" integration of Teams in poly systems ? Do someone knows when this is supposed to be solved ?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @Gauthier ,

Welcome back to the Poly Community.

The Poly Trio 8800 and 8500 have limited hardware capabilities and the use case for these is to re-purpose previous installations of the Trio to be able to use as a remote control.

I am unable to speak about future releases and the TC8 should be considered for "full" control.

If you have access to a Poly Sales engineer have a word with them as they can share roadmap.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello @Gauthier ,

Welcome back to the Poly Community.

The Poly Trio 8800 and 8500 have limited hardware capabilities and the use case for these is to re-purpose previous installations of the Trio to be able to use as a remote control.

I am unable to speak about future releases and the TC8 should be considered for "full" control.

If you have access to a Poly Sales engineer have a word with them as they can share roadmap.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello @Gauthier ,

following these instructions >here< also enable the Trio to be a Microphone.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Hello Steffen,

Thanks for your answer.

Yes no problem to pair the 8800 with the Poly x30/x50, the only thing is the access to camera control.

But ok, I’ll try to talk with a sale engineer !

Regards.

HP Recommended

Just a last question: 

Do you know if I will have the same problem with the Trio C60 ?

Thanks

HP Recommended

Hello @Gauthier 

via the medium of a community, I am unable to comment on the roadmap and or future releases.

Please speak to a sales engineer and I believe we have competitive pricing when you switch to a C60.

Best regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Indeed the C60 is also somewhat limited when paired with an X50 and TC8. We are solely using them as expansion microphones (but over IP) and the interface just as the touchscreen directional thingy which is a bit limiting. You can't even create a new ad-hoc meet now from them (with the latest Teams interface on the X50).

Hopefully there will be firmware updates in the near future that introduce more functionality.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.