Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello,

I would like to setup my Group 700 to use SmartPairing but would like to use the User log in credintials only for this. The iPad user needs to be able to log into the SmartPairing "Share Content" and "Room Control" using the Group 700s User password. Is this possible?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

SmartPairing uses an automatic way to validate the user's system in the room.  It has the same credentials are the "user" defined to the system.  The user ID and the password are automatically passed between the codec and the user's application.  The Password changes every minute and the user's system must be within the ultrasonic range to exchange the password and continue.  Again, all automatic.  There is not a way to assign the user name.

Manual pairing uses the Admin logon and password to access the system.  There is not a way to change that to the user's logon.

HP Recommended

Thank you for the response, I was mainly asking about the manual pairing. It seems pointless to have a "User Login" if you cannot give users the login credentials to use these features. Why would you ever give an instructor or a guest Admin credentials?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.