Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

After updating to the latest firmware (3.5.0) for Studio X50 and G7500, the content 'button' on-screen shows a notification badge. Like a smartphone app, it's a little red "1" that appears in the corner of the button. Even after selecting the content button, which displays instructions on how to share content, the notification icon does not go away! What is the deal? This is maddening. 

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello @Dane_P ,

Welcome back to the Poly Community.

I just tested this briefly with no USB or HDMI cable connected to my Studio X50 running in Poly mode

imageimage

And nothing on the TC8 either:

Did anyone store some screenshots from the content session?

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Ok, it goes away when I unplug the HDMI cable from the content input and it comes back when I plug it back in. Is there any way to disable this? It's going to confuse my end-users and they have no way to select it from the touch panel. Even when I do select it, it doesn't start content; it always just shows the How-To screen. If you had the remote in your hand, would you actually be able to start content sharing? In most cases, you're not going to have someone plugging in an HDMI cable when they want to share content. It's going to be plugged in to the video switch already. 

HP Recommended

Hello @Dane_P 

first of all, could you kindly update the solution for your other post >here<?

For your new issue, I am pretty sure this is day 1 and would require a feature request via your Poly reseller. 

In Poly OS mode Idle TC8 screen:

Selecting Content shows the connected PC (with an HDMI cable connected to the PC)

Selecting HDMI input does show the PC (TC 8 view):

Or Studio X view:

Swiping up on TC8

Using End Session closes this view

It's most likely down to user training

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I have tested with the handheld remote vs serial API commands and here's what I have found:

Using the handheld remote I can select the on-screen content button, and it will show available content sources in the bottom tray for me to select. Same thing when I press the content button on the remote.

However, when I use the API commands 'button down' 'button right' 'button select' to navigate over to the content button, I sometimes get the instruction screen with no tray at the bottom to select sources (see attached picture). Sometimes I do see the tray. I think it depends on the combination of commands previously sent to the unit. For example, if I sent the 'button home' command to it, then navigate to the content section, i get no tray, but if I had used the HH remote to view content, then exit to main screen, then use the API commands to go back, I do see the tray. 

Either way, I don't see any useful reason for the red notification icon.

HP Recommended

Hello @Dane_P ,

in regards to the dot, I already replied this has been there for a while (maybe from the beginning) so a feature request via your Poly reseller with a business case would be required.

For your API issue, I would suggest you raise a support ticket so we can check the commands used and in addition verify if there is a better method to accompany this. It may need another feature request as well.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.