Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I have recently run into an issue with one of our RealPresence Group 700 units. During it's boot sequence the following error appears on the small display screen located on the front of the unit.

"0051: Fail: Could not mount SD card root filesystem"

The unit then fails the rest of the boot up process.

Unfortunately the warranty has expired for this device, so I am unable to receive any help from Polycom.  I have a couple questions that I hope the community can help me with...

1.  What exactly does the error message mean? I have been unable to locate a detailed explanation for any error codes that would be produced on this type of unit.

2.  Is there a way to troubleshoot the error?

3.  Is this even a repairable issue?

Thank you in advance for any help provided.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

This is just a guess on my part, but I believe there is an internal SD Card in the RPG 700. It most likely contains the pertinent system data. It may have become corrupted. Another feature is a 'Zeroize' function that lets you completely kill the memory if it was a previously used system so that no data can be compromised from the previous owner.

Not sure if this helps you at all, but just my guess.

HP Recommended

Thank you for the reply.  Yes, there is a 8GB SD card located inside the RPG 700. If the SD card has been corrupted, can I just replace it?  If so, how would I go about getting the pertinent system data installed on a new card?

HP Recommended

You can´t do it on your own, send it to be repaired.

HP Recommended

Have you managed to fix the problem?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.