Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello Experts,

Please help me to solve a this issue. I have 2 office Main and Branch Office.

At the main office, we have installed Polycom HDX 8000 ( Release - 3.1.2-35267), connected to a internet router and this HDX having static public ip address.

At the branch office, we a have client behind the router. This router is Cisco Router 887VA  with a PPPoE ADSL connection. The router is configured with NAT. So the clients behind router are NATed when going to internet.

This client having Polycom Real Presence Software installed on his laptop and making h323 call to connect HDX at the main office. The call is established. However, the client cannot see and hear the person at the main site. The main site can see and listen. So its a one way call.

But after changing the router at branch office to Cisco 1841 IP Base License, it just works fine

Please any help.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Samir,

Why not to configure the VPN between Main and Branch Offices?

This could eliminate any firewall/NAT issues.

Hope this could help.

WBR,

Mike

HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for the replies. Even another remote office they are facing the same problem.

But I need to undertand what could be the cause of this issue.

Thanks

Samir

HP Recommended

Samir,

So the call is established but there is no audio/video. This means that the A/V streams are somewhere blocked. Finding the place and the reason for blocking is sometimes not an obvious task.

Using VPNs between known sites is a simple workaround. Take a look at >>> Art of Teleworking <<< for different scenarios for firewall/NAT traversal.

WBR,

Mike

HP Recommended

Even when now I am trying to call from realpresence mobile clients. The far end recieves my video and I cannot see and hear them.

I using GSM internet service on mobile.

Any clues ?

Thanks

HP Recommended
Hi Samir,

The best way to determine the root cause of your issue would be to perform some test call to a manned confirmed working video helpdesk and look at your configuration.

If you could possibly email me directly (irfan@interlinkvision) I can get a video engineer allocated to you to help perform these test calls and to look at your configuration.

Interlink Vision are a Certified Polycom Video and Infrastructure Partner
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.