Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

we have 2 new roundtable cx5000's over our network that work fine with the expception of the panaramic video.  I can start the panorama and see the small preview of it, but never the whole panoram appears.

They pc on the other end cannot connect to panorama.  A message similar to, please select a different video source . appears.

I am using OCS and live meeting with outlook 2010.  i have firmware 1.65 obn the cx5000

is there something missing I need to do?  do drivers need to be loaded?:  Is it because my video card is too weak.

Sorry, for the vague desc.  I have a rapid brain.   things just bounce in and out.  😄 😄

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello DSMCasey,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The CX5000HD data sheet =>  here <= outlines the minimum spec and requirements as follows:

Polycom CX5000 requires a computer with the following
• 2.0 GHz or faster processor
• Quad core processor required for HD 720 p active speaker video transmission
• 2 GB of RAM or more
• 1.5 GB of available hard disk space
• Video card with 128 MB of RAM or more
• and support for full hardware acceleration
• 1024 x 768 or higher resolution video card and monitor
• Wired Ethernet connection
• Windows® XP SP3, Windows Vista or Windows® 7 Operating System

• One of the following desktop clients is required on computers to which the Polycom CX5000 will be attached
- Microsoft® Lync® 2013
- Microsoft® Lync® 2010
- Microsoft Office Live Meeting 2007—(minimum software version 8.0.6362.128)
- Microsoft® Office Communicator 2007 or 2007 R2 (only Active Speaker video is supported)

Does any of the above match your setup?

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Dear support,

but i have a problem with a Notebook with Windows 8.1 and Lync 2013 with panorama.

It Works for 1 Year, but since 3 Month i can only see then single view, and the Panorama view is green and disturbed. I updatet the graphiccard driver, installed all updates on windows 8.1, installed the latests Lync update, uninstalled lync, reinstalled lync but nothing works. I tried the CX5000 on a other Notebook, and there it works perfektliy.

please help.

Kindly regards

HP Recommended

Hello snoopyonline78,

you have already excluded the hardware as the faulty component by testing it against a different PC so the CX5000 itself is fine.

Both your Operating System and the Lync®  Client and all drivers are provided by our Partner Microsoft®.

Most likely a USB driver or other driver or a recent operating system update is conflicting with the device.

You therefore may want to reach out to the Microsoft® community and / or Microsoft® support directly instead as this is the most direct and efficient path.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.