Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi all,

I was looking through the Community Forum and Manuals to look for a remote reboot function of the TC8, but I can't find one. Lately I would have needed this function multiple times. Sometimes the devices get stuck in Teams Paring mode. The latest 3.14 caused issues and the device got stuck in pairing mode. Now I updated to 3.14.1 and they seem to be stuck again. So every time there is a need to  physically reboot the devices. This is not an enterprise solution for me as we have 6 offices and I assume there are people out there with more offices and devices that need a restart now and then. Rebooting is as simple as plugging and unpluggin the cable, so asking staff in the office is the solution for now, but many times work is done outside office hours with no one arround. Hopfully there is a funcction which I have missed or it can be implemented in one of the next updates?

I also have an other request. It would be super helpfull to remote control the devices by interacting with their screen output. Is there anything planned in the near future or is it possible already and I missed it?

Thanks for your help.

Matthias

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I have to agree with this.  From a remote support perspective, the TC8 is a bit of a downgrade when compared to the RealPresence Touch that came with the Group Series.  That you could remotely administer via its web gui.  The Groups Series also had a feature whereby you could run a touch panel emulator using IP/touch/index.html.

All incredibly useful, especially if you don’t have local support on hand to unplug/re-plug the device.

The only trick I have for the TC8 is re-enabling the POE port on the switch to restart it.

Anything on the Roadmap to improve on this Poly/HP?

Thanks

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hello @MatthiasW ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

This would be a feature request but we cannot do this via the medium of a community forum.

Please work with a Poly Reseller and/or Poly Sales

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

thanks for your reply. I was hoping that as Employee and Community Manager it is your job to get a sense of community needs, requests and problems and forward them to the corresponding team. Having to contact a reseller / sales person is an hurdle and is just redirecting the problem to someone else. It should also be considered that Poly products can be bought online without any contact to a reseller or Poly sales. I could immagine multiple simple solutions to help the community:

• for exeptional service the best solution would be to take ownership of any problem no matter what
  • add a special part in the board for requests
  • have a special E-Mail for requests
  • create something like user voice

I hope this is taken as constructive feedback that can help to improve Poly service even thougth this is just the community forum.

Cheers,

Matthias

HP Recommended

Hello @MatthiasW 

EDIT: For some weird reason the picture shared does not display so this same as text from my signature:

The title Poly Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. All posts and words are my own & do not represent the views of Employer.

I believe the above states that I am just a volunteer.

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I have to agree with this.  From a remote support perspective, the TC8 is a bit of a downgrade when compared to the RealPresence Touch that came with the Group Series.  That you could remotely administer via its web gui.  The Groups Series also had a feature whereby you could run a touch panel emulator using IP/touch/index.html.

All incredibly useful, especially if you don’t have local support on hand to unplug/re-plug the device.

The only trick I have for the TC8 is re-enabling the POE port on the switch to restart it.

Anything on the Roadmap to improve on this Poly/HP?

Thanks

HP Recommended

Hello ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

For question 1 please check our Video FAQ here:

Oct 13, 2021 Question: How can I use the Poly Control App on a Studio X or G7500?

Answer: This was added in 3.6.0 and please check >here<

Limitations as explained apply

In regards to the roadmap/improvement or anything else please work with a Poly Reseller and/or Poly sales and they can update you on timelines or NDA etc. Poly sales can based on potential revenue also push for features.

The best and quickest way forward is to contact our Support organisation as the community is run by volunteers only.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Hi Steffen and Chris,

sorry I was not reading the signature and the title after your name is quite missleading. This should probably be address by whoever owns the board then.

Anyway the tip from Chris to use the Switch and renable PoE is the best solution to reboot it.

The control app needs the device to be in poly video mode and visibility of the screen.

Thanks in the mean time.

Matthias

HP Recommended

Thank you for the tip about the Control App - I was completely unaware of that so that is really fantastic news!  Just tested it and that worked great!  I did notice that it didn't ask me for a pairing code If I was logged in with the local admin account on another browser tab it let me straight in.  That's perfect - same process as the Group Series!

HP Recommended

We had exactly the same requirements, and we don't have access to the switch PoE settings (large enterprise with different IT teams). By the end of the day we switched to yealink devices, where you have full remote control options. Poly simply dropped the ball in this case.

HP Recommended

Hi All, speaking of this ask, there currently is no way to remotely reboot the TC8, i've heard not until the latest 4.0 firmware partition arrives to these units, then we'll be able to remotely  run a script to reboot is what I heard, not 100% buty something like this.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.