Reboot Polycom HDX 7000 HD when loading content (using VNC).

sergrey

Reboot Polycom HDX 7000 HD when loading content (using VNC).

Hi,

I have a Polycom HDX 7000 HD with Software version 3.1.0_ne23277. He restarting in HDX call speed H.323 сontent shared only when using the VNC (Virtual Network Computing). If connect other Polycom HDX 7000 HD with the same settings, it works flawlessly.

The error log shows the following:
CRITICAL watchdogd: proc 4 not responding.

Log file attached.

Kindly help.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Junior
Frequent Advisor

Re: Reboot Polycom HDX 7000 HD when loading content (using VNC).

You should call Polycom Support, provide a set of logs (support information package) which contains the reboots, and request that your system be replaced.

Message 2 of 4
sergrey

Warranty and service contract ended. Tech Support replied to our inquiry:

Dear customer, According to our records, your product is out of warranty, and has no active support contract in place. The following support options are available to you:
a) A comprehensive database of technical information and frequently asked questions can be found at: http://knowledgebase.polycom.com
b) You may wish to discuss your support options with your Polycom supplier
c) Polycom's Pay-Per-Incident (PPI) service allows for a one-off support incident to be handled for out of warranty products. Full details of this (including our per-incident pricing) are available at: http://support.polycom.com/PolycomService/support/us/support/pay_per_incident.html In order to take advantage of this service, please call the Polycom hotline on the below number:
+44 1753 723 020 (English)
+33 1 41 32 18 20 (French)
+49 811 999 4222 (German)
Please note that a credit card number will be requested at the time of service, and that additional charges will be payable if a replacement part and/or an on site service visit is required.
Support for Polycom's VoIP Products, SoundStation IP and SoundPoint IP, is only extended to Certified VoIP Partners.
In warranty support may be via web only Best Regards, Andreea Tofan Polycom Global Services

Can I upgrade free HDX-7000 to version 3.1.0.1_ne-31003? (It is now installed 3.1.0_ne23277)?

Message 3 of 4
SteffenBaierUK
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello segrey,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Usually you can upgrade within the same software version aka 3.1.x

In addition you can also check your entitelment and upgrade key's as explained => here <=

As already offered by our support team there is always the Pay Per Incident option.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------

If official support is required please check how to phone or open a case here

----------------
The title Poly Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. All posts and words are my own & do not represent the views of Employer.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 4 of 4