Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi,

We have a number of RealPresence Group 500 devices. Most of these have the encryption option underneath Admin Settings > Security > Global Security > Encryption as stated here -https://documents.polycom.com/bundle/rpgs-ag-6-2-2/page/t-rpgs-ag-configure-encryption.html

However we have one device that does not have this option and as such is unable to join Zoom meetings.

The software version of all devices is - Release - 5.0.0-211246

The only difference between the devices is that the device that doesnt have the encryption option is on hardware version 10, whereas the others are on version 12+.

Could this be the reason why encryption isnt appearing for this device?
Is there a way we can get this to appear and enabled?

Thanks,
Robert

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @Trueman1991 ,

It's a "normal" unit aka 102 instead of 114 (Russia). Unsure why the option is missing. Could have been an issue in the factory or has this ever been RMA'ed?

You cannot change this so if you have a service contract, as the unit is back from 2015, I would advise contacting support.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi @Trueman1991 

what area is this unit located? Usually units for Russia have no encryption option. Check the part or share the serial. 

replied via a mobile device 

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi SteffenBaierUK

Thanks for the response. All units are located in London.

The serial number is 82144542E6ADCV

Thanks,
Robert

HP Recommended

Hello @Trueman1991 ,

It's a "normal" unit aka 102 instead of 114 (Russia). Unsure why the option is missing. Could have been an issue in the factory or has this ever been RMA'ed?

You cannot change this so if you have a service contract, as the unit is back from 2015, I would advise contacting support.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Thanks for checking SteffenBaierUk, i will contact Poly support

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.