Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I'm writing from Uruguay... so ... I'm sorry about my English 🙂

I downloaded and now I'm running trial version of Real Desktop Presence v2.3.0.33254 on Windows 7 32 bits. My PC is located in a LAN behind a firewall (Suse Linux with iptables) that I configured with NAT (SNAT and DNAT) according to the instructions of 'RDP Release Notes':

Inbound Ports - Configured with DNAT in the Firewall (redirecting from our Fixed Public IP --> to my PC Local IP Address)

1720 (TCP)

1719 (UDP)

3230 to 3329 (TCP)

3230 to 3329 (UDP)

5060 (UDP and TCP)

Outbound Ports - Configured with SNAT in the Firewall

I set the firewall with full access to Internet for my PC, including All Ports without exceptions.

I'm trying to establish a connection with HDX-6000 which is attached directly to the Internet and has a Public Fixed IP Address assigned (without firewalls or NAT).

I can connect to the Public IP of the HDX-6000, the call starts and the call time is going. What's more, from the far end (HDX-6000) people can see and hear me perfectly. However, I don't have incoming Audio or Video on my PC with RealPresence Desktop.

I'm sure this is a Firewall/NAT issue because I tested the RPDesktop connecting my notebook to the Internet using a mobile broadband modem (so I got a Public IP Address) and could connect to the HDX-6000 and establish the call bidirectionally with video & audio.

However, from my LAN, behind the Firewall and using NAT I don't receive incoming video & audio. I tried to connect to Polycom Public Test Sites from RealPresence Desktop with the same results (call established but no incoming Audio & Video).

Is there any configuration tip related the de RealPresence Desktop, the Firewall or the HDX-6000 to solve this problem?

Thanks in advance!

Víctor Pedrosa

Montevideo - Uruguay

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.