Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello All,

I'm having two Polycoms, Realpresence groups 500, being connected over two CheckPoint firewalls, through IPSEC VPN.

On one side, it is possible to start a phone call.

When a phone call is being started from the other side, the only thing that happens is that you hear two tones and than the message with "the call has ended" in it.

Traffic isn't being blocked on the firewall, but I don't know anymore where to look, or how to troubleshoot this issue.

Any ideas of where I could look into?

Thanks and regards,

Torenhof

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

I know you mentioned that traffic is not being blocked on the firewall but it sounds like a port might be blocked on one of the firewalls and that is why it works one way and not the other.  The issue probably exists in the destination firewall on that second call.  Most of the time outbound ports are allowed back in on the source firewall.  I know on our Cisco firewalls you also need to turn off fixup on those ports and protocols. Not certain about the checkpoint.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.