Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello,

I have a Real Presence Group 500 which I have successfully registered with Skype for Business, although whenever I do so it switches to Skype mode which I cannot turn off (greyed out) 

and then requires a Realpresence touch device to continue which I do not have

Is it possible to enable Skype for Business without requiring a Touch Device? Can I just use a remote control?

thanks

Marek

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello Marek,

just to clarify my above statement:

• If you want to register a GroupSeries 300,500 or 700 to an On Premise LYNC or Skype for Business Server you can and no dependency on a RealPresence Touch is required.

The Skype Mode is not needed.

• If you want to register a GroupSeries 300,500 or 700 to an Skype for Business Server Online / Office365 Server there is a dependency on a RealPresence Touch and it is required.

The above setup is currently not supported as we have not yet finished the qualification with Microsoft.

Once we archive this qualification you simply enable the Skype Mode:

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18
HP Recommended

Hello Marek,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Running the GroupSeries in Skype for Business Online Mode requires a RealPresence Touch to my knowledge.

Please also be aware that we have not yet passed Microsofts qualification so this is an unsupported setup.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thanks Steffen,

It kind of seems a bit ridiculous this limitation is put in place

as I can make and recieve skype calls while logged into the web console just fine without a touch device , its just the actual screen that says " waiting for touch device" before I can continue making it unusable without an extra purchase

oh well it looks like they force you to buy another product , thank you for your quick response

HP Recommended

Sorry forgot to ask another follow up 

I can enable sip and registar my skype account and skype mode gets turned on automatically

do you know if I can Turn OFF skype mode and still make skype calls, then I wouldn't have to get a real presence touch device

thanks

HP Recommended

Hello Marek,

Running the GroupSeries in Skype for Business Online Mode requires a RealPresence Touch to my knowledge.

The above is how it is and cannot be changed !

Again please also be aware that we have not yet passed Microsofts qualification so this is an unsupported setup.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Hello Marek,

just to clarify my above statement:

• If you want to register a GroupSeries 300,500 or 700 to an On Premise LYNC or Skype for Business Server you can and no dependency on a RealPresence Touch is required.

The Skype Mode is not needed.

• If you want to register a GroupSeries 300,500 or 700 to an Skype for Business Server Online / Office365 Server there is a dependency on a RealPresence Touch and it is required.

The above setup is currently not supported as we have not yet finished the qualification with Microsoft.

Once we archive this qualification you simply enable the Skype Mode:

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Skype for Business / O365 on-line requirements are defined by Microsoft.  They set the specifications of equipment that will be using their services and also the UX.  All systems which connect to them muyst be qualified by them and meet their terms and conditions to be qualified to operate on their networks.

HP Recommended

Can we sign out and in to different Skype for Business online accounts through RealPresence Touch device?

HP Recommended

Thanks Steffen,

that really clear it up , Your right I am trying to use skype for business online not on premise so that is probably why skype mode turns on and cannot be turned off.

I will look into setting up a skype for business server on premise to avoid the cost of the real presence touch device

thanks again

HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

was wondering if you possibly had an ETA on when Polycom would be pass the Microsoft Qualification and make a Group series 500 with a RealPresence Touch Device in Skype Mode a supported option.

It is either wait and buy a real presence touch device or install a skype for business server

at the moment can I buy a real presence touch device but find that it doesn't work?

thanks

Marek

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.