Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi ,

I have a HDX 8000 & a couple of remote laptops with Real Presence desktop v3 installed & activated.

I can connect from the laptop to the HDX for a 1 to 1 vc & I can connect from the HDX to other  endpoints, but how can I connect the laptops into one of these sessions? When the HDX connections are live I connect from the laptop & have audio but no video?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Smiffy

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended
Hi,

To perform a three way or more video call you need access to either:

A endpoint with a multipoint license key.
A mcu such as a Polycom Rmx.
A cloud virtual meeting room.

If there are different protocols involved and you don't already have access to an mcu capable of doing this I would recommend a cloud virtual meeting as this will probably be more cost effective to begin.

There are many companies who can provide this solution including the company I work for Interlink Vision, who are Polycom Certified for Video & Infrastruture.
HP Recommended

Hi,

The HDX8000 has a multipoint 4 licence key so it should be able to deal with the requirement.

I think the problem may be caused by the BT Router being used by the remote real presence desktop user.

What would be the correct procedure to initiate the calls from the HDX endpoint, or to have the laptop call the meeting?

Thanks

Smiffy

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.