Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello,

I am using RPG500 and i would like to add two ceiling  microphones.

At the moment,i am using only the tabletop mic which comes in the typical installation.

Is this supported by this device?I know that i can use up to 4,but can it support 2 ceiling and one tabletop?And if yes,how can i connect them with only one mic port on the back of the codec?

Is a daisy chain connection from table to the ceiling?

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

This is possible, the GS 500 supports up to a total of 4 microphone arrays and they can be a combination of tabletop and ceiling.

There is diagrams in both the Set Up Guide (installation guide) and the Integrator's Reference Guide on how to do this.  The digital devices must be serially connected, each one plugs into the previous one.  To convert from a Walta connection, a.k.a. mini-VGA, to an RJ45 there is an adapter.  The Walta Male to RJ45 female is 2457-25646-001 (CLink 2 adapter. Walta (M -codec side) to RJ-45 (F) 18" adapter cable. For connecting Ceiling Microphone Array or other RJ-45 CLink 2 or custom cable to Group Series, HDX series codecs and Polycom SoundStructure).  There is also 2457-23716-001 (CLink 2 adapter. Walta (F) to RJ-45 (M) 12" adapter cable. For connecting Ceiling Microphone Array or other RJ-45 CLink 2 or custom cable to Group Series, HDX series codecs and Polycom SoundStructure) available.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

This is possible, the GS 500 supports up to a total of 4 microphone arrays and they can be a combination of tabletop and ceiling.

There is diagrams in both the Set Up Guide (installation guide) and the Integrator's Reference Guide on how to do this.  The digital devices must be serially connected, each one plugs into the previous one.  To convert from a Walta connection, a.k.a. mini-VGA, to an RJ45 there is an adapter.  The Walta Male to RJ45 female is 2457-25646-001 (CLink 2 adapter. Walta (M -codec side) to RJ-45 (F) 18" adapter cable. For connecting Ceiling Microphone Array or other RJ-45 CLink 2 or custom cable to Group Series, HDX series codecs and Polycom SoundStructure).  There is also 2457-23716-001 (CLink 2 adapter. Walta (F) to RJ-45 (M) 12" adapter cable. For connecting Ceiling Microphone Array or other RJ-45 CLink 2 or custom cable to Group Series, HDX series codecs and Polycom SoundStructure) available.

HP Recommended

Hello again,

Thank you very much,you were clear enough.

Best Regards,

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.