Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I wonder if anyone can tell me if there is anyway shape or form that the QDX6000 endpoints can be intergrated in any way (even on a basic level) to MS Lync Server 2010? Rolling out a trial of Lync server and desperate to utilise the QDX boxes we have.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

You can use RMX as a H.323 <-> Lync gateway.

HP Recommended

Thanks for responding.

So i would have to purchase a seperate RMX which cost in the region of £23,000?

Not sure that's economical for us as we are only trialling Lync server. Would you able to provide another suggestion?

HP Recommended

Sorry if I was a little rude earlier.
I have investigated a little further and found that as well as an RMX, we could utilise RADVISION SCOPIA Video Gateway for Microsoft Lync. I have no idea yet on costs.
Was I too brash to dismiss RMX? Is there a model that can be utilised uniquely for MS Lync and would it be priced more keenly?

Than you for your help..

HP Recommended

The CX7000 is a Lync Only Polycom device, but beware it is Lync only & doesn't do H.323 which the VSX, HDX, Tandberg, Lifesize etc use.  So either look at the RMX as a "translator" (not to mention it's multisite meeting capabilities), A Radvision or Cisco-Tandberg H.323 to Lync Gateway or an HDX with an RTV license that does both.PeteB (LinkedIn Polycom Community) or JeffS feel free to chime in with your broader experience.

Pete

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.