Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi folks.

I'm having extreme difficulties trying to factory restore a polycom QDX 6000 device.

Firstly, the room password is not the default password of the units serial number and only a previous employee would have known this who I cannot contact.

On following the reset procedure of holding in the reset button while switching the unit on I do not get the factory reset screen.  I am presented with a rescue screen which states the system can be restored via windows update software ( see attached screenshot).  I even called polycom UK support and they have never heard of this issue, they suggested pressing the reset button while the system is switched on, but this has no effect.

On entering the configuration menu to access the reset menu, the system also asks for the room password and not the admin password as the polycom user guides state.  So I am completely stuck.

As anyone been able to get round this issue before?

Thanks in advance for any pointers!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I've resolved the issue.  Had to hack a laptops network config to be on the same hardwired network the polycom unit was on.

I then installed software 4.0.1 onto the box after downloading the software and activation code from the polycom support site and pointing it to the IP the polycom was working from.

It still required the password after this, however the factory reset worked and I was able to reset the password and do what I had to do with the machine.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello, 

Do you know what software version you are running? Depending on what version it is you can try to do a factory reset off USB. 

HP Recommended

Hi Russel,

The system is running release 3.0.1 - 2297

HP Recommended

I've resolved the issue.  Had to hack a laptops network config to be on the same hardwired network the polycom unit was on.

I then installed software 4.0.1 onto the box after downloading the software and activation code from the polycom support site and pointing it to the IP the polycom was working from.

It still required the password after this, however the factory reset worked and I was able to reset the password and do what I had to do with the machine.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.