Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Greetings,

First time posting here and I am a Polycom noob so pardon any blunderingly simple questions.

Can anyone point me to a good reference I can check out about how to:

1. Understand how the licensing system works over all and what I will need to do point to point and multiconference sessions
  2. how to check to see my licenses are still active?

Any tips are greatly appreciated.

Thx,

--t

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

Hi SkySquid & welcome to the Polycom Community.

To check your entitlement & available s/w updates go to

http://support.polycom.com/PolycomService/licenserequest/registerSingle.htm

Enter the S# & there will be 3 tabs.

Activation for creating release codes for new License Keys purchased for new functionality.  MultiPoint, Dual Monitor, etc.

Upgrade for getting license codes to upgrade your system software (Available but not entitled means the system has expired its maintenance contract & you'll need a Polycom Authorised Partner to re-enable it).

Activation History will tell you what has already been added to the system. MultiPoint, Dual Monitor etc.

As for getting new contracts, if you are UK or EEC based I'm sure we'd be happy to assist.

Pete

HP Recommended

Pete,

Thanks for the thorough response.  I did that and got an error for the units:

"The Serial Number you entered is currently registered to another customer. Please verify the Serial Number and try again. If our records needs to be updated please"

Suggestions?

HP Recommended

Call EMEA Tech Suport on 01753 723020 if you're UK or most of Europe.  They'll be able to establish the status of any Polycom S#.

Pete

HP Recommended

Thanks.  Happen to be in the US, California, San Francisco, Treasure Island.   Is it general tech support number you suggest I call?

Thx

HP Recommended

Hi SkySquid.

Blimey, you should be in bed.  Had a very nice visit to SF (Hercules Graphics) years ago.  You're very lucky to live there. Especially the Sonoma vineyards!

Polycom Worldwide Contact details are here.

http://support.polycom.com/PolycomService/support/us/support/Contact_Us.html

Pete

HP Recommended

Ok.  great help.  Thanks.  I need to get a software liscence for multipoint.  Have you a suggestion for the most cost effective place to purchase one?

HP Recommended

You could buy an MP license from just about anywhere. It's just a code number. I'd recommend you call the guys at Polycom US/Canada so you have some local support. Link in previous post.

HP Recommended

thanks!

HP Recommended

Hello
The problem with getting upgrade key VSX 7000e. Documentation lost. Administrator password is unknown.
Query returns "8208290A4673B9 Please provide a valid serial number"
Please help

Dmitriy

Russia

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.