Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I have a polycom running firmware- 3.1.1.2-34007 and my issue is I can not check to enable web viewing of the video feed. I have set it up for 3.0.0.4 and you just have to log in as admin in the polycom itself local and place a check mark in the proper box. I locate the box however it will not allow me to check it. Has this feature been disable? Our client that runs these conference rooms really finds this feature helpful.

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

The option you are looking for view video from web is located in the security options. You will need to make the change from the HDX system itself you can not make the change through the Web UI. If view video through Web is enabled on the HDX I would try a different web browser and see if you have the same issue. 

HP Recommended

For some reason when I go to check the box to allow the video it will not let me check the box. I can move the cursor over the box however when I select it nothing happens. I can go to other boxes and it will check like normal.

HP Recommended

Are you making changes to the HDX using the HDX remote in front of the HDX or are you still tiring to make changes through the Web UI of the HDX?

HP Recommended

Yes I tried in front of the system then I also updated to the latest firmware with the same issue. Not being able to check the box. I then down graded the firmware to 3.0.3 and was then able to check the box for the remote viewing. So neither 3.1.1.2, or 3.1.1.3 would let me check the box for the remote video monitoring.

HP Recommended

Are you in Admin>General>Security>Security Setting, Secureity Mode minimum & security mode off?

HP Recommended
I think those were the settings yes, just crazy that I could check the box and even when I updated to the latest
Still wouldn't let me but as soon as I down graded to the earlier version
It worked fine.
HP Recommended

Well, if it was me and assuming you have all the necessesary info to set the codec up from scratch, I'd re-flash & choose a Custom install.  Check the box in the update wizard for Erase System Flash Memory and see where that gets you.  You can't stay on V3.0.3 forever 🐵

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.