Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

We have a HDX7000 with the standard 360° microphone in use. Because of all of our videoconferencing partners are complaining echoes and hall effects when having a videoconferencing only with us thus we have to do urgently improvements.

Because of our videoconferencing will be held on our site only by one person I would think that the standard 360° micro is not really suitable for that purpose. The main problem will be that the distance between the micro and the speakers is to small due to the room situation. Are there any suggestions what to do or what alternative micro such as directional microphone could be used?

Thanks for any suggestions.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Good Day,

Please advise if Stereo Surround is Enabled on the Endpoint? Also, are you using HDX Microphone or are you running Microphone to Audio IN on the HDX Unit?

Kind Regards,

@tpietsch wrote:

We have a HDX7000 with the standard 360° microphone in use. Because of all of our videoconferencing partners are complaining echoes and hall effects when having a videoconferencing only with us thus we have to do urgently improvements.

Because of our videoconferencing will be held on our site only by one person I would think that the standard 360° micro is not really suitable for that purpose. The main problem will be that the distance between the micro and the speakers is to small due to the room situation. Are there any suggestions what to do or what alternative micro such as directional microphone could be used?

Thanks for any suggestions.

HP Recommended

First thing I would look at is the display.  Are you using the audio output of the display?  If so test by by-passing it and using an audio system directly off the codec.  OR if there is a gaming mode on the display try that.

Most displays actually process the video and audio and cause a delay that can overrun the tail length of the codec.  By-passing the display will identify that.

Using Stereo and proper positioning of the microphone array, the Polycom logo positioned properly when sitting at the table will help.

HP Recommended

Thanks Steven for the reply.

The situation is the following:

The HDX is connect over DVI connector to a 32 inch HD TV via HDMI.

The sound is connected directly to audio-out connector of the HDX. The sound system which is used is a Creative Gigaworks T20.

My idea was that we could use a directional microphone instead of the 360° Polycom mic, but I guess there is no one available..

HP Recommended

Stereo Surround Sound is disabled - this was one of my first ideas. We are using the 360° HDX Microphone. Do you think it would be possible to attached an external mic with directional characteristic to the audio in - would this work? I'm asking this, because I don not have one, so I would have to purchase one...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.