Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I hope you are all well and you can help me

I have 3 devices HDX 7000 and 8000 provisioned on my RPRM, i need to changue the E.164 ID but is imposible.

i tries to do it from the RPRM and it doesnt work, i would like to know if some one knows how to change this from the device "the device is provisioned and i cant change anythins" i dont want to wipe these.

Thanks in advance

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello peppeferreri,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

It is always useful to include the currently used Software version as issues experienced or a question asked may already be addressed in a newer release.

Please include both the HDX and the RPRM

This also allows yourself and others to check against current software release notes, Administrator Guides or FAQ post’s.

The above is the absolute minimum requirement every new post should include.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

hello and thanks for your reply

we have:

HDX 7000 HD Release 2.6.1.3-5205

HDX 7000 HD Release 2.6.1.3-5205

HDX 7000 Release 3.1.10-51067,

I had these provisioned on our RPRM "software version 8.4.1.0_22", before to do the provisioning, these devices were configured with the IP's and the E.164 ID's, then were create the users on the RPRM with the corrects E.164 ID, but when were provisioned the devices took a diferents e.164 ID and i need to change it. 

I try in all the ways but i cant, on the device the check to changue is blocked  and we dont know how to do to change it.

could you please helo me with this?

Regards and thanks in advance

HP Recommended

You could create Local Rooms with associated devices of interest and reserve there H.323 Dial Strings as you want.

Take a look at RPRM Operation Guide -> Managing Meeting Rooms -> Add a Local Room for more details.

HP Recommended

Hi Mike

thanks for your help

I tryed in all the ways, unprovisioning the device and provisioning again, changin on the RPRM Users>Rooms and anything work.

the endpoint has the E.164 ID-111005 and when change somthing on the RPRM this show me the changues for 2 minuntes and then retake the ID 111005.

Do you know anything i can do to change it?

Regards

Giuseppe Ferreri

HP Recommended

Giuseppe,

Sounds like that the E.164 Address Scheme is applied. This could happen if the endpoint isn't assigned to any user  or room with defined String Reservation. Pay attention to the Device Type field in the Reservation section.

Also you could try to define the E.164 address scheme with No Prefix, Base Field = Phone Number, No Suffix, and assign the endpoint to the user with a wanted phone number.

HP Recommended

Hi Mike

Before to provisioned the device, it was setting up with the corret IP and E164 ID.

Tthen we created the the urser>room on the RPRM with the correct E.164 ID.

after of this we provisioned the device on the RPRM but this didnt take the corret E.164 ID "I have this problem only with the model HDX, one tiime these are provisioned we can modifie anythink on the endpoints.

i tried to modified this on the RPRM "on User and Endpoint" this show me the new E164 ID, but then of 5/10 minutes this retake the wrong ID.

thanks for your help

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.