Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

X50 Firmware: 3.14.1.374010

Teams App: 1449/1.0.96.2022090606

TC8 Firmware: 4.0.0.210881

Teams App: 1449/1.0.96.2022090606

We have 5 of the X50 and 3 of the X30 devices all with TC8 panels.  We are using them in Teams Mode.  We are having ongoing issues where shared content is coming up with very poor quality on just Poly Studio X devices.  Other members of the Teams meeting using laptops or mobile devices do not have the issue whether they are remote or joining the meeting at the same site.

When someone presents their screen, the display often gets highly distorted with very blocky random distortions for about a minute before it clears up.  This happens regularly during a meeting.  Streaming content like the video from other parties can be much worse.  It does not appear to be a quality issue from the broadcaster because other devices show the broadcast fine. Audio is pretty good.  Just video and screen sharing are bad.

At a couple of sites, we have a 200 Mbps fiber connection and when we monitor the line to see if it is a bandwidth issue, we see we are only using about 15% of our bandwidth and the Studio X device is only using a couple of Mbps at most.  Just the X50 and X30 devices are presenting poorly.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello @JordanCN 

Welcome back to the Poly community.

Have you yet logged a ticket with our Partner Microsoft as they:

• Provide the App running on the Poly Studio X
  • Provide the Platform you are using

Our partner is the most competent in troubleshooting their application and their platform and can raise a case with us if they find this is an issue on our platform.

As a test simply switch 2x of the units into Poly OS mode and screen share using HDMI in with another unit and/or use Poly RealPresence Dekstop

Best regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

On my Office 365 portal I submitted the case, and they gave me the Poly support info for the hardware and to call my Office 365 reseller for Teams support.  Poly support wants me to contact the reseller, and the reseller says to contact Poly, or Microsoft.

😞

HP Recommended

Hello @JordanCN ,

This surprises me that our Partner Microsoft:

•  who certified the software for our products
  • who supplies the software that runs on our products
  • who runs the platform that you are using
  • who controls the additional parts in the setup that you are using

is referring you to contact Poly support.

If this would be a well-known issue I would be aware of it as I monitor our global cases.

What is the Poly ticket reference that referred you to contact a reseller or Microsoft from our end?

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.