Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I have a Polycom viewstation 512 which has not been used in about a year. IP calls work fine but ISDN is no longer working. We receive the following.

Cause No. 50 - requested facility not subscribed.

This cause indicates that the user has requested a supplementary service which is implemented by the equipment which generated this cause but the user is not authorized to use.

Local Telco tested IDSN and lines are good.   The configuration got wiped out and we had to re-enter SPIDs and video #'s.  I think maybe we are not entering them in the right order or menu.  Is there a differen between ISDN #'s and Video #'s.   PLEASE HELP

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
The ISDN numbers need to be entered exactly as given to you by the telco. First is the protocol, typically it is NI-1 next is the dialing numbers. Enter the area code in its box then for each line and channel enter the 7 digit numbers for that wire - remember you must use the numbers assigned to the wire by the telco. Do not mix them up next enter the SPID's. These should be in the format of (area code, 7 digit number and a combination of ones and zeros typically 0101 added to the end of the number no dashes or spaces. The order of the SPID's must be exactly the same as the dialing numbers. The Video number is the first ISDN number in the series and when configured correctly will appear on the home screen of the ViewStation. The lines at the telco must be provisioned for video which will include circuit switched voice and data. The data part is key.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended
The ISDN numbers need to be entered exactly as given to you by the telco. First is the protocol, typically it is NI-1 next is the dialing numbers. Enter the area code in its box then for each line and channel enter the 7 digit numbers for that wire - remember you must use the numbers assigned to the wire by the telco. Do not mix them up next enter the SPID's. These should be in the format of (area code, 7 digit number and a combination of ones and zeros typically 0101 added to the end of the number no dashes or spaces. The order of the SPID's must be exactly the same as the dialing numbers. The Video number is the first ISDN number in the series and when configured correctly will appear on the home screen of the ViewStation. The lines at the telco must be provisioned for video which will include circuit switched voice and data. The data part is key.
HP Recommended

You need to have your ISDN BRI provider monitor/capture your D-channel to see what facility is being requested that they are not supporting on your line. You might also TELNET into your VS and capture the syslog messages to see if there are any clues there.

HP Recommended

Thanks,

Its been a while since working with SPIDs and I knew I was missing something.   I was able to get past this original error, however now it seems all 4 channels connect (all 4 spheres go green) and we say connected but the screen goes blue and no audio.    I've tried down grading to 128 and we get audio but a blue screen with no video.  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.