Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello.

I was wondering if anyone else is running into a similar issue with the Polycom VSX Series and pulling an IP Address from a DHCP Server using DHCP Relay.

We are moving to another network segment which is VLANed off and then have to reach back into the network segment which houses the DHCP Server.

Our Networking Team has been involved from the start and has been doing WireShark traces and cannot determine the issue and is asking me about the Polycom more in-depth.

During the WireShark traces the Networking Team is seeing the Polycom send out the hexadecimal IPv6 physical address instead of the IPv4 physical address of the unit.

Our network is running IPv4, our DHCP Server (InfoBlox) is not setup to look for IPv6 physical addresses, only IPv4.

I was wondering if anyone else is having issues with receiving addresses from their DHCP Server and if the Polycom does indeed only pulse out IPv6 when requesting addresses from DHCP.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

I ran this past our networking folks and they have not seen this and did comment:

There is no such thing as a IPv4 or IPv6 physical address, only the MAC address. The physical address would be the same for either protocol. 

So they are not sure what the problem you are seeing could be related to.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.