Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello.

During a factory reset, the RealPresence Group 310 series system displayed an error.

Now when i turn it on - it gives the message "loading please wait", then black screen and again message and again black screen...

When trying to run factory reset a few seconds flashes yellow and gives the same message and then black screen and again and again.

I read that it is possible to restore the firmware from the USB drive (article 16213 https://knowledgebase-iframe.polycom.com/kb/viewdocument.do?noCount=true&externalId=16213&sliceId=1&...). But for all firmware versions from 4.1 to 6.2 on the page "activation of the site and one product" it is written "Available but not entitled".

Does this mean that without an additional license, I will not be able to restore the firmware to the version that was originally on the device? Or I can use sw_keys.txt with factory number to install any of the versions? Serial number 821644469A5DDP. Ship Date 2016-12-28. Warranty End Date 2018-01-27.

Is Answer: "A Software update to the same Version number but a higher revision is usually free. A upgrade to the next version number (example 2.x to 3.x) requires the codec to be in warranty or a valid service contract" from FAQ is no valid?

Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

"Or I can use sw_keys.txt with factory number to install any of the versions?"

Requests license for all versions (

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.