Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I recently purchased a Verizon Mifi wireless hotspot hoping to use it when away from home to conduct my business via VTC. Did a test run and was able to transmit audio, video, and operate remote camera but could not receive video or audio.  I am guessing it is a port/firewall issue but my internet searches thus far have not quite matched my problem.  I contacted Verizon and they said it likely won't work because of the dynamic IP address, however I'm wondering if there is a way I could make it work by opening ports or using port forwarding, neither of which I have done before.  I am wondering what ports Polycom would need and if anyone out there knows if this will be a dead end for me or if I should play around with it some more?  I did try switching the setup to VPN instead of "behind a firewall" while disabling the firewall on my computer and still got just the black screen when I did a test call.  Thanks for any info/guidance.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

The first port is 1720 TCP, That will be the connection port.

Then the media ports are 3230-3237 in both TCP and UDP

You can check out the different settings under your PVX configuration. 

If PVX doesn't work for you, Have you tried this with Polycom M100 software?

You can try doing this through a VPN if it does not work directly.

Cellular tend to have somtimes have latency issues. Y

HP Recommended

It sounds like NAT issue. If you use NAT you need to have the external address (at least the media ports) mapped into the internal one.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.