Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I am having trouble activating the Polycom PVX 8.0.16 software that I downloaded from the website. It says I need the License Number that was included with my download, but I never saw such a number. How do I find this? It is not listed in the System Information tab like the help file states. 

I have a meeting tomorrow morning and need this software to work. Please help ASAP

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello Creeddude98,

Thank you for the further information. In order to receive an activation key a key would have to be purchased for the software. The software trial can be downloaded free of charge from our website. If you should wish to purchase a copy of the software I would recommend contacting our sales department at 1-800-Polycom for further assistance. They are available Monday Thru Friday.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hello Creeddude98,

I understand that you are having some issues with activating your PVX software  the license key for the software should be the number that starts with XPVX. Once this number has been located you will be able to generate an activation key on support.polycom.com for the software. Let us know if you have further issues.

HP Recommended

Everything I have read about as to where to find this license number is not viable to my situation. I cannot find this number anywhere. I have gone through every part of the PVX software and to no avail. Is there another way to find this number or another option for activating? My meeting is at 9:30 am Sunday Pacific Time. If anyone can shed some light on this before then, I will be truly grateful. 

HP Recommended

Hello Creeddude98,

The License Key  can be located from the sleeve of the software CD that ships with your software. Until the software has been activated you will be able to connect however, the software will function in a trial mode that will allow you five minutes of connection time per call. Unfortunately, if the key is unable to be located from the CD you may wish to contact the reseller the software was purchased from for further assistance.

HP Recommended

This is the download version of the software, not the cd version. Do I have to buy the CD version in order to activate it? Is there a way to do it with the download version?

HP Recommended

Hello Creeddude98,

Thank you for the further information. In order to receive an activation key a key would have to be purchased for the software. The software trial can be downloaded free of charge from our website. If you should wish to purchase a copy of the software I would recommend contacting our sales department at 1-800-Polycom for further assistance. They are available Monday Thru Friday.

HP Recommended

hello

we instile Polycom PVX 8.0.16, but this programe activate, now we need active key , thanks

abaskadm - iraq

HP Recommended

Hello abaskadm

@PolyTay wrote:

Hello Creeddude98,

Above was posted back in 2011 and has not changed.

Best regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

how can i activate polycom pvx?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.