Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello folks,  We're having a problem with our Polycom system and I'm afraid our own IT people are at a loss.

We have an HDX8000 in our conference room and hold a weekly meeting with our US and Netherlands offices.  Recently when we have dialed in to the conference call, our American and Dutch collegues can see and hear us but we don't recieve any video or audio from them.  They tell me that their system is working fine and they can make calls to other sites without any issues.  If they try and place the call to us they can't connect.

We've rebooted the system, checked all cables and connections, checked that IP addresses haven't changed.  Our network engineer tells me there isn't a problem with the line (MPLS circuit).

Any ideas? 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello,

It looks like inbound traffic is being blocked.

Is the system setup to do a NAT? Is a NAT even needed?

When the system from the Netherland office tries to call this unit, do you even see it ring?

If not, have your network engineers monitor the traffic on TCP port 1720.

This is the port that is used for call setup.

HP Recommended

Sorry, I'm a complete newby to this.  What is a NAT? how would I find out if we're using one?

The unit doesn't ring or show any response at all when they try and reach us.

HP Recommended

Hello CRC,

NAT (Network Address Translation) is responsible for converting an internal only IP, such at 192.168.1.1 to a publicly routable, or external, IP. Your network engineers should be able to answer this question for you. If they are using NAT, we'll need to confirm that your internal IP has not changed from what they setup in their NAT rules, as the video conferencing system requires a static 1:1 NAT in order to function properly.

Additionally, this could also be related to firewall rules which may have recently been implemented. You'll also need to confirm with your network admins that the following ports and protocols are allowed Bi-Directionally through any firewalls or router ACL's which may be in place:

TCP 1720, 3230 - 3243

UDP 3230 - 3285

Let us know if you have any additional questions,

Rob

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.