Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Can anyone give me some pointers to assist with a problem I'm having with getting a Polycom HDX 7000 to corretcly work with CIsco TMS.

The main issue we have is that TMS is not receiving any Call Detail Records from the endpoint.

It appears that TMS is unable to set the "Management Server" address on the endpoint - all other settings appear to apply correctly, but when checking the endpoint, either in Cisco TMS, or via its web interface, no Management Servers are in the list.

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

It's been almost a month and no replies?  I'm glad I only have a couple of Polycom devices then, in a predominantly Cisco environment - I get a much better response in the Cisco Support Forums than here... Looks like I'll have to replace these remaining Polycoms with something that I know works unless someone can come up with something useful in the next couple of weeks?

HP Recommended

Hello WDN,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Participation within this Polycom community is not mandatory and if people have an answer to a topic they will post it.

The Community also clearly states:

"On this forum, you can share information about Polycom products and services and seek help from other partners or product owners. If you know a solution to a problem posted here, we encourage you to help others by sharing your resolution. You can also use this forum to exchange ideas on how to make best use of your devices or share some of your success stories using Polycom solutions.

The purpose of these forums is to allow community members collaborate and help each other. Questions posted here do not follow Polycom’s SLA guidelines. If you require assistance from Polycom technical support, please open a web service request or call us."

If you are experiencing a service affecting issue or are unable to setup a certain feature you may simply want to reach out to the Polycom reseller who sold you the solution.

Failing this you can contact Polycom support directly but if the units in question are out of contract most likely will have to pay a Pay per incident fee.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services
------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thank you for your cut and paste response - perhaps I was expecting too much from these forums after many years of having excellent support provided in the Cisco Support Forums.

I have logged a job with Polycom for this issue (and what fun that was, being bounced around and having to call multiple numbers before someone would actually take ownership of the issue and log a call as he couldn't find anything in the FAQs he was reading).

This experience is not engendering a favorable view of this company or its products.

HP Recommended

Hello WDN,

My reply was simply of the informative nature as many people assume the Polycom community will provide them with support for free.

The copied section simply outlines the details and I added this to avoid disappointment in case you misunderstood how the Polycom community works.

Many Polycom employees ,partners or enthusiast volunteer in their spare time and will reply if there is anything meaningful to state. You “bumped” your post after nobody replied so I answered to outline how the community works.

I am unable to comment on our competitors way of providing support and simply wanted to enable you to understand how you will receive support if you have a service affecting issue.

Your Polycom reseller who sold you the units in question should be your first and only contact as they simply raise a case for you. If this has failed then we need to look into this.

Could you kindly provide me with the service request ticket number usually starting with 1- ?

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I am aware of how the support forums work - the Cisco Support Forums (suportforums.cisco.com) work the same way, but in the other vendor's forums it is rarely that a question goes a long time without some form of response from a community member, hence my disappointment at the lack of response here where I'd hoped for similar.

As I mentioned, I have now managed to have a call logged (after being given the run around on the phone and having to call multiple people).

I've just been informed that management via TMS is not supported in HDX software version 3.1.8.  Unfortunately, nobody has yet been able to tell me which version is (or was) a supported version.

HP Recommended

Hello WDN,

again any community requires a minimal amount of details and it was only in your last post that you provided the software version used by the HDX.

I have the following questions:

• Could you kindly provide me with the service request ticket number usually starting with 1- ?
  • What is the Software Version of the TMS?
  • Has Cisco support yet been contacted as they would have done any interoperability testing with our HDX

I also reached out internally as I could not even find any reference to TMS support in the 3.1.8 release notes.

Once you get us these details asked above I can link the ticket to the right person to follow up with yourself.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Could you kindly provide me with the service request ticket number usually starting with 1- ?

Transition Systems Case #275, Polycom SR#1-1225591730.

What is the Software Version of the TMS?

TMS version 15.0.0 - I will be updating to TMS15.0.1 this evening in the hope that the functionality may improve (although I do not believe from any of the release notes that this will be any different)

Has Cisco support yet been contacted as they would have done any interoperability testing with our HDX

Yes, I have an open SR with Cisco as well as the one logged with the Polycom vendor.

HP Recommended

Well, still no resolution on this one... the support form the supplier has been essentially "I can't see anything in the documentation that says it works with TMS, so it's not supported".

The assistance from the Cisco end has been considerably better - from there, and packet captures, we can see TMS requests the management URL info successfuly, the HDX responds with no management URL, TMS then requests to add a new URL and the HDX responds with a 200 OK, but the URL is never updated on the HDX.

Paclet captures and the diagnostics from the HDX have all be forwarded to the Polycom supplier, hopefully they're attached to the Actual Polycom job and someone with some better knowledge of these things can have a look - not being able to deal directly with Polycom on this is frustrating.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.