Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi,

We are planning to deploy Polycom Group 500 series VC end points in our offices. Here my doubt is, is this device support both HDMI and VGA for content sharing ? If yes, can both input works at a time ? if no, how can make use of these features in our VC environment ?

Please suggest me.

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended
There are two kinds of resolutions one is people resolution(for real time communication) and rest is content resolution(for content sharing) and both can work together.for what you are looking at?

BR
Yash Pal
HP Recommended

Hello Dileep,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

I am unsure what relation the previous reply had with your original question so I am simply quoting the admin guide that can be found => here <=

Page 21

Points to note about showing content:
• Audio from the content input is muted unless the content input is selected as a video source.
• If both digital and analog inputs are connected, only the digital content is sent. To send analog content, disconnect both digital and analog inputs, wait 15 seconds, then connect only the analog input.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Yash,

For Content Sharing.

Just assume, i am having two users to share their content locally, one laptop supports HDMI and other not. in this scenario can i input both HDMI and VGA to group 500 at a time?

Thanks.

@YashPal wrote:
There are two kinds of resolutions one is people resolution(for real time communication) and rest is content resolution(for content sharing) and both can work together.for what you are looking at?

BR
Yash Pal

HP Recommended

Hello Dileep,

I have already replied with the correct information. HDMI is always preferred.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.