Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I'm having difficulties getting a Polycom HDX7000 and a Polycom Soundstructure to provide feedback for me.

The manual suggests that every command should result in a response but I have seen no responses coming from either device.

Here is an example code that I am using to control the HDX7000 ("'preset near set 1',$0D,$0A")

And an example of a command to the Soundstructure ("'set line_out_gain "Amplifier" -100',$0D,$0A")

Grrrr.... why will this not work!!  NB.  The commands do work - just the responses are not happening at all!

Many Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Have you registered your system for responses?  Please see the IRM for information about registration.  See the section on Command Response Syntax.

HP Recommended

This is for the HDX, sorry I had not specified that.

HP Recommended

Yes, I had noticed that part of the manual.  My reading suggests that it doesn't matter if the system is registered or not, it will still issue replies.

But my problem is with both the Soundstructure and the HDX. 

There must be something wrong with my program or the way I issue commands.

Is there any possibility that some of the other serial pins would be affecting this?  Would it be worth cutting off all pins to leave 2.3 and 5 only? - I am not using flow control.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.