Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello,

We have polycom eagle eye camera, I need to use with my laptop or pc to use it as webcam for Skype and Web Meetings.

Please let me know how can I achieve that.

Thanking in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

The Polycom EagleEye specific cameras are not designed to be used on non-Polycom video endpoints.

For video accessory for use with Skype please see the CX-5x00 product line.  The CX5000 and the recently announced CX5100 and CX5500.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

The Polycom EagleEye specific cameras are not designed to be used on non-Polycom video endpoints.

For video accessory for use with Skype please see the CX-5x00 product line.  The CX5000 and the recently announced CX5100 and CX5500.

HP Recommended

It could probably be done but it would be very cumbersome.  You would have to hook up the EagleEye using the 5 wire/serial breakout cables.  You could put a component video distribution amplifier on the output of the camera, split one half to the codec and the other half to a component video capture card.  You still wouldn't have PTZ with this using your PC. 

Best bet is follow the moderators advice or just buy a dedicated web cam for your PC.

HP Recommended

So sad and such a waste of good hardware... 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.