Poly g7500 with IP cams

taylorkoch23
Frequent Visitor

Poly g7500 with IP cams

Hello all,

First post here, we are doing a large g7500 roll out with no issue. Two bigger rooms call for IP cams that decode NDI to HDMI. The HDMI decoder has an SCT breakout cable which passes signal through the HDCI input of the G7500.  For some reason, we are showing "no camera detected" and my thought is that the DB9 in the breakout cable needs to be attached to something although it is not needed (IP control) has anyone out there ran into this issue?  We are definitely passing hdmi signal as we tested the hdmi input on the g7500. That HDMI input is needed for content though.

TK
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Poly Rahul
Polycom Employee & Moderator

Re: Poly g7500 with IP cams

Hi @taylorkoch23 

Welcome to the Poly community!

The information you provided is not sufficient to answer your query. Hence we request you to open a support ticket with Poly.

Best Regards,
Rahul Nautiyal

Please ensure you always check the FAQ's.

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

This forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer. Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and may be answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.

Message 2 of 3
ES.ChrisO
Visitor

Re: Poly g7500 with IP cams

I have a similar issue. Trying to use a video switcher too switch between 2 HDMI cameras. The only way I could get it to work is by putting an EagleEye camera in the rack and using a Sound Control extender which has HDMI & serial breakout. At the TX end I connected the serial to the EagleEye and the HDIM to the video switcher. This works, but if you disconnect the serial to the EagleEye then the Codec show No Camera.

Message 3 of 3