Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi,

After updating all units to firmware version 3.60 last week (plus additional restart after the update completed), this morning we had to restart all the X50 since the cameras were stuck in strange positions and not tracking the participants.

Never had this problem before, so it's obviously an issue with the new firmware 😞

15 REPLIES 15
HP Recommended

With this version we also got the video problem back - some external participants can't see the video from the X50.

Seems like, again, that this version was not tested enough before release to production.

Frankly, I'm getting tired of this product.

HP Recommended

Hello @Poly-User 

Welcome back to the Poly community.

Considering the thousands of installations out in the field it seems this may be specific to your setup/environment.

Please get this into Poly support and/or also involve our partner Microsoft so we can fix these little issues. Posting in the community does not action anything.

Best regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

This is a Poly product, and I'm using the Teams client that came build-in with the firmware.

When I have a problem with my Samsung phone, I'm not going to call Google and complain about Android, so I don't see any reason to open a ticket with Microsoft when I have a problem with Teams running on Poly Studio X50...

The Teams client is part of the package that you offer when someone is buying the Poly X50, and I expect Poly to thoroughly test every firmware version before release it to production. 

If that's a problem, maybe you should consider release the beta version to the public and this way testing the firmware releases with real users BEFORE release an official version.

HP Recommended

Hello @Poly-User 

Please take note of my signature. I am a volunteer in this Community. Our teams are testing these throughout but in single instances there can be issues found that we had not covered or simply cannot replicate. 

Your example who do you contact for the Microsoft Teams Client installed on your phone? Users must understand that Poly cannot open a ticket with our partner Microsoft for you. Only you can do this and it might be necessary to proceed. You can post as much as you want within the community but only contacting our support team will give us the opportunity to try and find the root cause

Again I am just a volunteer making suggestions as what action should be followed and remind people about the ReadMeFirst and FAQ

replied via a mobile device 

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

"Your example who do you contact for the Microsoft Teams Client installed on your phone?"

Well, I didn't install the Teams client on our Poly X50s, it came with your firmware, so it's part of the package. if it was just a generic AV device with an Android OS, and the users had to install the Teams client, that was a different story...

HP Recommended

Please get this into support as nothing is archived by posting here. 

HP Recommended

To take up your argumentation once again, you won´t contact for example facebook support if you have a problem with their android app? Even though it is presinstalled on your Samsung smartphone? Interesting!

HP Recommended

I've got the exact same error, before I found out the increasing the Firmware to 3.60 change the way it work.  In the camera menu, you have to set it at Tracking Off (which means to set it to off...) as shown in the picture.

Then it works like a charm....

HP Recommended

Same error here on all the polyx50 after the bios update

need to change the config to make it work

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.