Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello, the 118587 feature is deployed for Teams and indicates "users will be able to start and stop sharing content directly from a certified Teams device. This feature enables presenters to share a Whiteboard, document, or video more quickly during a meeting."

The Microsoft message MC528358 states : "This feature will be made available on all Teams Certified Peripherals supporting this feature".

I have Poly X50 who are not yet in firmware 4.0. 

If I update the Poly with the new firmware 4.0, will they benefit from this feature? I didn't see this information in the upgrade documentation.

In general, how can I simply know in the future if Teams features will apply to my Poly or not? I find that it is not always easy to find information, it is often specified that a feature is available on a machine but it is very rarely said that a feature is not.

Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @

the actual Poly update v4.0 has little to do with the original Teams updates, which are more or less distributed by Microsoft itself. If you like, there are two update paths for the Studio X, one from Poly and one from the respective provider. (Teams, Zoom, GoTo, etc.)

Of course, Poly distributes a fairly current release status of the Teams App with v4.0, but this can look completely different after 2 or 3 weeks. So keep an eye on the Admin Portal under O365 if there is a new Teams App version and update your Studio from MDM.

Some good stuff for this topic:

https://aitsc.de/blog/so-updaten-sie-die-teams-app-ihres-poly-endpunkts-im-tac-manuell/

HP Recommended

Hello mshu, thank you very much for the answer it is appreciated!

Yes I understand, I was wondering because 4.0 is still a big update that could have, by rebound effect, brought or unlocked features in Teams. At least that was my assumption.

Apart from the firmware version of the Poly I am up to date in the TAC, I have the latest Teams updates. However, this functionality is not available.

My question is: when this kind of feature is announced, how do I know if it applies to Poly or not? When Microsoft says "This feature will be made available on all Teams Certified Peripherals supporting this feature", how do I know if my Poly (who is a Teams certified peripheral) support this feature ? For the moment my only method is to systematically test the features, but it's a bit time consuming.

HP Recommended

Hello @QL ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

The combination of the used PolyOS offers later Teams versions. Running PolyOS 3.14.x will only offer at present the 202209 Teams app for both the TC8 / Studio X until Microsoft forces a newer version.

Running PolyOS 4.0.x will offer the latest 1449/1.096.2023050203

Often a later PolyOS unlocks features for the Teams application.

The best and quickest way forward is to contact our Support organization as the community is run by volunteers only.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.