Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello,

I have a Poly X50 i am testing for a large project roll out. It is running software 3.10.0-362035 and in Teams mode. While in a call the volume control appears to do nothing. We have the TV audio running to the 3.5mm input on the X50 to use as a sound bar while VC is not being used. The volume control also does not effect this volume. The Audio Output in the web config is set to System Speakers. Primary Audio Volume also has no effect on call or content audio.

We are also using the VideoOS API to control volume from a third party control system. The rest/audio/volume is being used to set the Primary Audio Volume via POST. However, when GET is used at that endpoint it returns microphone volume not the output volume. How are we supposed to get current output volume via the VideoOS API? 

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello @BenGreen ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

Your post ended up in the Spam Filter so it was moved here. Our community is run by volunteers and we need to do this manually

There is no need to report this as abuse as no abuse has taken place.

When the provider is our Partner Microsoft Teams their applications and their features take over. I "assume" the REST API is unable to change the volume levels.

I would suggest getting this into our support organisation to get this clarified.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

The Rest API being disabled while in Teams mode is not ideal, regardless, the Poly UI volume control itself also has no effect on the volume which seems like a bug. Why would the user interface in teams mode provide a volume control which effectively does nothing? I will log a request with support.

The report as abuse was prompted by the forum, my post was marked as spam, and provided a link if this was an error which i clicked. As a Poly Partner it seems odd that my post would be marked as spam.

HP Recommended

Hello @BenGreen ,

the Poly Community is in no way or form attached to Poly support. It is only hosted by Poly and some members are employed by Poly but the community activity is not a job.

We are all volunteers,

The REST API mainly works for Poly OS mode as the different Provider Android APK's may not have a way to provide feedback to the Poly OS.

Please log a ticket if you find issues

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Steff,

Can you confirm if any APIs are available when in Teams Mode?

I assume the answer will be the same for the X-Series family and the GS7500.

Paul H

HP Recommended

Hello @Paul Hargrove  and all,

1st of all, at the time of writing the G7500 and the Studio X70 are not supported to use Microsoft Teams as they are not certified.

In order to check the Status use:

curl -b cookies.txt -c cookies.txt -d "{\"user\": \"admin\",\"password\": \"789\"}" -H "Content-Type: application/json" -k https://172.19.141.52/rest/session
curl -b cookies.txt -c cookies.txt -X GET -H "Content-Type: application/json" -k https://172.19.141.52/rest/system/apps/state

The Reply will look like this in Poly OS mode:

[{"appPackageName":"com.poly.polylauncher","callOnHold":false,"inLocalPresentation":false,"inLocalWhiteboard":false,"inMeeting":true,"inPhoneCall":false,"incomingCall":false,"outgoingCall":false,"videoMuted":false},{"appPackageName":"com.polycom.camuvc","callOnHold":false,"inLocalPresentation":false,"inLocalWhiteboard":false,"inMeeting":false,"inPhoneCall":false,"incomingCall":false,"outgoingCall":false,"videoMuted":false},{"appPackageName":"com.poly.digitalsignage","callOnHold":false,"inLocalPresentation":false,"inLocalWhiteboard":false,"inMeeting":false,"inPhoneCall":false,"incomingCall":false,"outgoingCall":false,"videoMuted":false}]

The Reply will look like this in Microsoft Teams mode:

[{"appPackageName":"com.microsoft.skype.teams.ipphone","callOnHold":false,"inLocalPresentation":false,"inLocalWhiteboard":false,"inMeeting":true,"inPhoneCall":false,"incomingCall":false,"outgoingCall":false,"videoMuted":false},{"appPackageName":"com.polycom.camuvc","callOnHold":false,"inLocalPresentation":false,"inLocalWhiteboard":false,"inMeeting":false,"inPhoneCall":false,"incomingCall":false,"outgoingCall":false,"videoMuted":false},{"appPackageName":"com.poly.digitalsignage","callOnHold":false,"inLocalPresentation":false,"inLocalWhiteboard":false,"inMeeting":false,"inPhoneCall":false,"incomingCall":false,"outgoingCall":false,"videoMuted":false},{"appPackageName":"com.microsoft.teams.ipphone.partner.agent","callOnHold":false,"inLocalPresentation":false,"inLocalWhiteboard":false,"inMeeting":false,"inPhoneCall":false,"incomingCall":false,"outgoingCall":false,"videoMuted":false},{"appPackageName":"controller:com.microsoft.teams.ipphone.partner.agent","callOnHold":false,"inLocalPresentation":false,"inLocalWhiteboard":false,"inMeeting":false,"inPhoneCall":false,"incomingCall":false,"outgoingCall":false,"videoMuted":false}]

The Reply will look like this in Zoom Room mode:

[{"appPackageName":"us.zoom.zoompresence","callOnHold":false,"inLocalPresentation":false,"inLocalWhiteboard":false,"inMeeting":true,"inPhoneCall":false,"incomingCall":false,"outgoingCall":false,"videoMuted":false},{"appPackageName":"com.polycom.camuvc","callOnHold":false,"inLocalPresentation":false,"inLocalWhiteboard":false,"inMeeting":false,"inPhoneCall":false,"incomingCall":false,"outgoingCall":false,"videoMuted":false},{"appPackageName":"com.poly.digitalsignage","callOnHold":false,"inLocalPresentation":false,"inLocalWhiteboard":false,"inMeeting":false,"inPhoneCall":false,"incomingCall":false,"outgoingCall":false,"videoMuted":false}]

The part that shows the status in my testing is "inMeeting":true

I believe this is undocumented and can be removed at will. I tested this with 3.11

In regards to the Volume, I tested with Zoom and Microsoft Teams and believe the API cannot be used for this as it does not change the volume. I "assume" the 3rd party apps do not have integration into our API

For more details please open an official support ticket

Best regards

Steffen Baier

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.