Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Anyone else experiencing tracking issues with cameras? Started having issues with the latest 3.11 firmware. All our systems are mounted under the TV in an inverted orientation. The tracking no longer frames around the group and instead thinks walls/whiteboards are people. If it does find a face, it will frame their face and cut off their entire body/shoulders.

My theory is its a bug with the tracking algorithm when its in an inverted orientation. To test this theory, in one of the rooms that are experiencing this issue, I removed the inverted mounting and the tracking started to work again.

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Hello @akarimian 

yes, I have a ticket on this already in EMEA. Call support, get a case raised and quote 34117987

Once that is done we can provide updates via Email / Platform.

Best regards

Steffen Baie

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I got the same problem with 3 Poly x30

If you have find the solution let me know.

IT looks to me also a bug.

HP Recommended

Waiting on Poly to Fix, latest update from support on 5/4:

Based on the problem description in your case, this falls in line with a reported behavior that has surfaced with the latest software release 3.11.   As mentioned in previous e-mails here this case is the same as 34117987.  At the moment our engineering team is working actively on this problem with the highest priority under case EN-225573.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the information.

Is there a posibility to Downgrade the poly i don't know if the problemen was in 3.10. So i can fix it that way?  I have done directly a software update to 3.11 when they came out of the box 

HP Recommended

You can downgrade from the Web UI using a custom server with the 3.10 firmware - Manually Downgrade Software in the System Web Interface (polycom.com).

FYI - The 3.11 fixed this other bug impacting inverted mounted units so you might not want to downgrade either.
Studio x30 (Teams Mode) - Inverted Local Content S... - Poly Community

HP Recommended

Any update on when 3.12 will be released to fix this issue?

HP Recommended

3.12 released yesterday and the release notes have no mention of "EN-225573" being resolved!

Poly VideoOS 3.12 Release Notes

HP Recommended

Hello @akarimian 

I mentioned EN-225573 but this is not the master case.

The issue is fixed. 

EDIT: EN-227698 On a Studio X50 and Studio X30 systems mounted inverted, camera tracking behaves as if the camera is mounted right side up moving the opposite direction of the active speaker.

Best regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

That is listed under the “Known Issues” section, not “Resolved Issues”

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.