Poly Studio X70 Camera blue screen only and says 'device not connected'

KK Sky
Frequent Advisor

Poly Studio X70 Camera blue screen only and says 'device not connected'

Hi everyone,

I have a new Poly Studio X70

Software version for X70 is 3.12.0-366027

TC8 Touch Panel Software : 3.12.0-210716

When I use the system, even from the home screen, I get no camera image, just a blue screen. In a videoconference mode I still only get a blue screen.

When I check by remoting into the system, trying to monitor the picture, the camera Icon has a slash through it. Under System Status, the Camera circle is Red. When I check details, it says 'some devices failed to connect'.

I am wondering if anyone has run into this and, if so, what the fix might be? I have rebooted a few times but still the same result.

Thank you everyone.

Ken

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
SteffenBaierUK
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Poly Studio X70 Camera blue screen only and says 'device not connected'

Hello @KK Sky ,

Welcome back to the Poly Community.

Did you restart via the Web UI or Power Cycle?

I suggest pulling the logs and then power cycling and please get this into support. Reference for the issue is an internal escalated ticket EN-229854

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

----------------

If official support is required please check how to phone or open a case here

----------------
The title Poly Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. All posts and words are my own & do not represent the views of Employer.

----------------

⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓SIGNATURE ⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓
Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Microsoft Voice , PSTN or other FAQ's in the different sections
Message 2 of 5
KK Sky
Frequent Advisor

Hi Steffen,

Thanks so much for the information. Much appreciated!

Rather than trying another 'remote reboot', I went to the site and did the hard reboot there. Now the camera is back up and operating as it should. Beautiful camera! Awesome system.

I have added this to my notes for future reference.

Thanks again, and have a good day and weekend!

Ken

Message 3 of 5
SteffenBaierUK
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello @KK Sky 

this will happen again therefore we ask you to download the logs and get this into support.

This way we can communicate timelines for a fix.

Best regards

Steffen Baier

----------------

If official support is required please check how to phone or open a case here

----------------
The title Poly Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. All posts and words are my own & do not represent the views of Employer.

----------------

⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓SIGNATURE ⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓
Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Microsoft Voice , PSTN or other FAQ's in the different sections
Message 4 of 5
KK Sky
Frequent Advisor

Thank you Steffen,

I have launched a ticket and uploaded two Log Files....one where camera not working, one where camera worked after hard reboot.

Thanks again for your help and suggestion.

I know your original Reference is EN-229854, but I couldn't figure out where to register that, although I put it in the notes of this ticket above...

Regards,

Ken

Message 5 of 5