Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

(I am using Poly Mode to make H.323 calls, and have experienced this on multiple firmware versions up to and including the current 3.12.)

I have found that when sharing presentation content via the HDMI input while outside of a call, that presentation content shows up on both screens in a dual-display system as you would expect. But when using Device Mode to run web conferencing applications over USB, only the first/primary monitor shows the HDMI video; the other display stays on the Poly splash screen, and users do not like this.

Under Audio/Video -> Monitors -> Dual Display Settings, there is an option to "Choose whether to display content on one or two monitors.", but this does not seem to affect Device Mode at all.

Ideally, there would be a setting so that the HDMI input would be mirrored onto both display outputs when in Device Mode, the same as happens when just sharing presentation content. Please let me know how to achieve this.

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi @nfiresheets,

afaik, this works as designed. With Device Mode activated it´s not possible to use the second monitor. 

HP Recommended

Hello @nfiresheets 

Welcome back to the Poly Community !!

This is working as per the design.

HP Recommended

I understand that this is working as designed. I guess I'm struggling to understand *why* it was designed that way as it's not a very good experience for the users.

If the HDMI input can be shown on both displays when the provider is set to Poly Mode and just sharing HDMI content, and it can be shown on both displays when the provider is set to Device Mode, then why can't it be shown on both displays when the provider is set to Poly Mode but you've enabled "device mode" to do USB BYOD?

(Also, who thought it would be a good idea to use the name "Device Mode" for both the provider setting AND the function inside of Poly Mode to support USB BYOD? It makes things like this support post incredibly confusing.)

HP Recommended

Hello @nfiresheets 

the Poly community is run by volunteers.

if you have any suggestions around the workings of a product please work with a Poly reseller and/or Poly sales engineer.

Posting in this community does not automatically share this to Poly product management.

Best regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.