Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi poly community,

we have 4 poly Studio x50 installed and had some weird issue with the usb device mode.

Setup is always the same ->

• Poly X50 with TC8
  • Lenovo PC (M900) that hangs on HDMI input and connected to (poly approved!) 5m USB-C Cable
  • One Beamer or TV Screen on Output

We had the issue that the device mode is turned on at TC8 (PC is running as well) but USB connection is not recognized or at least faulty. Sometimes it says connect to USB and sometimes no video or audio connection is working.

Other USB ports on the PC and even connecting to a Notebook does not work at that moment.

Only thing that is common for this issue - Devicemode was "on" - PC was shut down and X50s are not used for a "longer" time. If we powercylce the X50 it is working again without any issue.

Since we had this issue a few times on all of the 4 devices by now users get little bit frustrated.

Anyone experiences similar issues? Or any idea what to look for?

Regards,

J

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

Hello @steinejo ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

I seem to have seen a similar-sounding report internally and this would need to come into our support organisation to verify. What type of Poly approved USB cable should this be by the way?

It would also be great if your post included the currently used software version.

In order to raise a support ticket, you need to work with your Poly reseller as they may need to do this for you.

End Customers are usually unable to open a ticket directly with Poly support. Available End User Poly services offerings are detailed here

If this is some sort of an Internet discounter providing your Poly devices serial will enable us to look up who would be able to support you. This may not be who you purchased the Poly device from.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

We do have Advantage Support so we should be able to open up a ticket ourselves. I will do that as well.

Poly "approved" cable: Poly Part# 2457-85515-001 CBL, USB 2.0, Type A to C, MALE, 5M

Software was  3.1.1.216125 (where the issue was reported) and is now 3.1.3-220008 (Updated on 07/28) and we are monitoring for issue reports.

Regards

Jörg

HP Recommended

Hello Jörg,

We recently brought the Poly X50 and looking to buy more but we have the exact same issue where we want to use the Device Mode and when you plug it in, nothing happens and when you perform a power cycle it all works and like you said this is really frustrating as the whole system should be user friendly and not need any assistance. 

But my question is, did you manage to resolve this and if so how?

Thank you in advance.

Derek

HP Recommended

Hello @Derek - PUK 

the unit was tested as advertised and works in most cases. Some corner cases pending on the used OS and other factors may show what you see. As replied to the original poster please get this Into support once you verified that you are actually running a currently supported version. 

replied via a mobile device 

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I'm having the same issue with our Poly Studio X50, version 3.3.1-284016. Any updates on this issue?

HP Recommended

I am also having this identical issue with multiple Studio X50s. 

HP Recommended

Hello @five337 or @paisley49  did you report this into our support organisation?

if no then we cannot analyse logs and potentially address issues seen. Without this nothing will happen. 

replied via a mobile device 

HP Recommended

Yes. i have been working with support, and they are sending me an RMA, this will be the 3rd device, so hopefully that will fix the issue, otherwise we are moving to a different solution.

HP Recommended

I have a poly X50, I want to ask if the 2 USB-A is meant to work differently from the USB-C, because, when I connect my laptop with the PolyX50 through USB-C, I was able to use the camera and audio but nothing happened when I connect them together through USB-A.

I have looked through the manual but did not get any information.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.