Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello, I have set my x50 to "device mode" via the browser dashboard.  I am able to get audio but no video on my Windows PC using the Zoom app, Teams app or other 3rd party webcam viewer.  I have tried 3 different Windows 10/11 PCs and several different USB-C cables, all rated for video (they work with other webcameras).  The lens cap is not covering the x50 camera (figured I'd mention that).  The Windows PCs detect the camera in the device manager and I can select it as an option in Zoom, etc.  Audio output is properly routed into the x50 speakers and that part works.  However when the camera is selected in an app, it just shows a black screen output to the PC.  HDMI output from the device is fine, so the camera device itself is not malfunctioning.  I've tried everything I could including multiple reboots and toggling the device modes back and forth.  Nothing works.  How can I get my PC to display output from the camera, is there a step I'm missing?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello @iherrick ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

A very good starting point is providing the minimum information like the software used and the USB cable length.

Many people try to use a USB A cable on the Studio End which is incorrect. Use a USB C cable on the Studio and either USB A or USB C on the device you try to use the Studio as a camera.

The best and quickest way forward is to contact our Support organisation as the community is run by volunteers only.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi, thanks, as mentioned, I'm using Teams and Zoom with the "Poly Studio X50" camera selected in the settings.  The cables are indeed USB-C to USB-C (also mentioned) and the length is an acceptable 3 feet.  These cables work fine with other USB-C cameras such as a Logitech BRIO (which also connects via a USB-C port).  I'm honestly not sure of the issue, everything seems exactly right.

HP Recommended

Hello @iherrick 

we are after the software but as you have still not shared it iI suggest simply contacting our support team.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi,

We had some issues with device mode before.  Granted it was with a G7500 but I guess it’s the same.

• We upgraded the firmware to the latest version.
  • Checked the web gui and there is actually a setting there to enable/disable Device Mode.
  • For some laptops we simply couldn’t get USBC working - so we had to go with USBA.

Hope that helps.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.