Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello, 

I assist in managing 150 Studio X50s for a school district. On Monday morning I noticed a few of them updated to 3.5 over the weekend. When I went to one of them, I had to relog on to Teams and then it rebooted. After the reboot, all I get is the Poly logo spinning. I let it sit over night and the logo is still spinning. 

I've attempted to reflash the firmware via USB, but it won't recognize the drive. 

So far it looks like 12 devices took the 3.5 upgrade. We unplugged the remaining 138 devices. 

Has anyone had this happen to them ? Does anyone know any tricks to get it in to some type of recovery mode ? I attempted to contact support, but we were told that we are out of our warranty period and to reach out here for assistance. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @five337 ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

Have you tried a factory restore >here<?

What is the format of the Files on the USB stick?

• Jun 03, 2021 Question: Can I provision a Poly G7500 or Studio X via USB, and what format do I need to use?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello @five337 ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

Have you tried a factory restore >here<?

What is the format of the Files on the USB stick?

• Jun 03, 2021 Question: Can I provision a Poly G7500 or Studio X via USB, and what format do I need to use?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thank you. The reset button brought it back to 3.4 and then I was able to update to 3.5 via the USB stick. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.