Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Does anyone know why Microsoft seemed to pull the 4.0 release?  In the teams admin portal it's now showing that the firmware should be 3.14.1.374010 vs 4.0.0.376092 for all my X Studios, X30, X50 and X70.  I know you can't downgrade them, just curious if anyone is seeing this since last week?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

interesting! i'm seeing the same today as well, but definitely not the case between last Fri and yesterday, inclusive, b/c i had pushed the update to v4.0 using TAC on 1-2 systems per day everyday since last Friday. now, i can't--not through TAC anyway. hmm, wonder what's up...  😕

HP Recommended

Hello @alchemy & @swinterstorcon ,

Welcome back to the Poly Community.

Our Partner Microsoft has found a technical issue in their distribution and checking the minimum software version before the PolyOS 4.0 upgrade. They therefore decided to remove PolyOS 4.0

Just as a reminder as outlined in multiple sources:

• PolyOS 4.0 must only be installed on Systems that have at least 3.14.x installed
  • PolyOS 4.0 cannot be downgraded
  • At present PolyOS 4.0 is not offered as an automatic update and can only be installed using PolyLens and/or downloaded from our support page and installed via a local WebServer or via USB

The best and quickest way forward is to contact our Support organization as the community is run by volunteers only.

I am closing this post as I explained the reason and prerequisites before installing PolyOS 4.0

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.