Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I was curious if it was possible to make changes to out current setup to allow a computer connected to the HDMI In to span two monitors. 

Currently, we have a Mac Mini connected to the HDMI In of the G7500. The HDMI Outs are connected to 2x monitors in a side by side configuration.

Would it be possible to have the G7500 present the 2 monitors as one widescreen display?

When we use the "Share" function, it mirrors the Mac Mini on both monitors. I can program the Zoom controller to turn off one display in this mode, but this isn't ideal.

I would probably just bypass the G7500 and run the Mac Mini into the two monitors on a separate input, but the M1 Macs are notorious for 2nd display issues.

I was hoping there would be a way for the g7500 to supply EDID info to the Mac Mini to get the Mac to think it's connected to an ultrawide display.

Is this possible?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello @chrisg_from_it

Welcome back the Poly community. 

As of today, it is not possible to have the G7500 present the 2 monitors as one widescreen display as G7500 currently does not support this feature. 

If you would like to get this feature added, please work with your Supplier / poly account manager to raise a feature request. 

Regards,

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.