Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Poly G7500 latest Code Current Version: 3.14.2-378005

TC8 Controller latest firmware Current Version: 4.0.0-210907

Hi Community of Poly experts -

Asking for any future updates/enhancements to enable "Stop Sharing "-" HDMI Input Content" and "End Session" to work together in harmony.

Scenario 1 - Customer wants to just "share content locally" 

Step 1  - Select Content on TC8, Route "HDMI Input" by selecting it on the controller and then voila, shows up on the screen no problem.

Step 2 - Customer is done, Selects "-" next to "HDMI input" stops sharing content, then leaves the room.

Scenario 2 - Customer walks in to Join their meeting.

Step 1 - They see a blue screen on the Monitor (can cause confusion because that user doesn't know there was an "Active Session" that needed ended.

Step 2 - They are just like, fine whatever, I see my Teams meeting on the TC8, I'll just Join it. 

Step 3 - They're successfully in a call, with Audio, Video Content sharing, they can share content into Teams by Selecting "Content, Route HDMI Input" then when they are done sharing from that specific room, they can simply press the "-" to shop sharing content, the content stops sharing locally and also stops sharing in the Teams Meeting, mind you, this is in Poly Mode. 

Step 4 - Customer leaves, meetings are showing up on the screen no problem

Scenario 3 - Customer walks in, shares locally, then back to Scenario 1.

My Ask - in the near future (I understand documentation (which we do have in the rooms) politely say "End Session" but you know how customers are..."

When Sharing locally, it would be nice to stop sharing = End Session for local only, not Teams mode or any other provider 

Is there a way, to route/configure (in the future) that when sharing content locally, that stopping content share by selecting "-" from HDMI Input Under Content screen on TC8 will automatically "End Session" not having to give the customer an extra step in doing so?

Thanks, hope this makes sense.  Attached are some screenshots

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello @Daniel Petrillo ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

Feature requests cannot be added via our public community.

Please work with a Poly reseller or a Poly Sales Engineer and submit this via them,

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.