Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Good Morning,

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced any performance issues since upgrading to version 3.1.7?

We have a range of HDX (mainly 8000's) units on 3.1.7, some are controlled by Crestron 2 series processors via RS232 and some controlled by Polycom remotes but seem to be showing the same symtoms of slow response times ie: if trying to move the camera, pressing left or right the camera takes too long to respond so our users are pressing the button again then the camera catches up and ends of panning too far. Similar response issues arebeing seen when selecting from the address book, showing content etc.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Can you tell me if this is only RS-232 or do you see it on Port 24 also ?

Thanks,

Gary Miyakawa

HP Recommended

Hello,

Only using RS232 or Polycom remote at the moment.

Never used telnet port 24 before but if you can give brief instructions we can test the theory?

HP Recommended

Virtually all the API commands that you use on RS-232 are supported on the Port 24 (thru Telnet).   You could also use my remote control that uses that port.    You can download my remote from vtc-uremote.pointsofdata.com .

let me know if what you see if you try the remote.

Thanks,

Gary Miyakawa

HP Recommended

Sorry for the delayed response,

We tried the Virtual Remote, and the responce was a little better. But still not near what it should be.

We'd also been advised to change the "Log" settings as this was set to Debug, and seems to be writing heaps of informaiton and queuing commands while the log was being writen.

Changing the Log setting seems to have remoed the initial issue that we were experincing.

We are testing the units everyday at the moment to ensure this was only a once off.

We think this setting had been changed when we'd applied a firmware update, but unsure on which update. Most of our units had the log settings configured to 'Debug'. This is now set to Warning.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.