Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi,

A remote user using PVX who dials in onto our HDX7000 unit can only establish a session for x amount of time and the session gets cut off. The amount of time varies between 15 to 40 minutes so there is no pattern.

I have checked various settings like the maximum time per call which is set to 90minutes and QoS is enabled.

I have also created firewall rules on the remote router to open relevant ports but still no change.

Can someone advise if they are experiencing the same thing and what the issue may be and how to resolve it.

Thanks 

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Look for a port timeout on TCP1720 and anything to do with H.323 (subset H.225).  Though these types of timeouts are usually excatly x mins or there about.  Search the forum for timeout.  There are much more succinct explanations than this & it may be something entirely different.  Oh! what about a buffer overflow somewhere?  Does lower call speed increase the time to fail?

Pete

HP Recommended

The TCP session timeout is set to 3600 seconds (1 hour) this is a catch-all configuration and isn't port specific.

The firewall rules I have set are including QoS priority  "maxiumum reliabilty"

There are no session limits enabled nor does the router have any settings for buffer overflow.

The call speed on the PVX itself is set to 128k which is already low.

HP Recommended

Sounds like you have all your "network ducks-in-a-row".  I'm assuming the above applies to to both ends of the VSX7k-PVX link.

You are welcome to try our 24/7 VSX which is out on "the public" to isolate issues at either end.  89.105.107.135.  The quality is not great (esp. @ 128k) but it'll prove connectivity.

HP Recommended

It appears that the remote end is unable to view the video feed or hear anything from the ip address you specified; the call answers and just gives a black screen with the clock and the caption on the top.

But I'm able to view it on from here.

HP Recommended

Your remote end has issues with "media" ports.  Probably UDP 3230-3237.  Sounds like you are all good @ the PVX end. Pete

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.