Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I'm trying to repurpose an old Viewstation FX which seems to work fine other than the red mute button will not release.  I can hit the mute button on the remote and the device responds but the other end can not hear me.  I have two mics which do the same thing.  I swapped out the brown mic cables and even found a brand new one in the install box with no luck.  This also came with the external visual concert FX which has the same results.  This device has the stop button stuck so I can't even use it for a presentation.

Is there any type of admin settings I'm missing?  The end point is running software 6.0.5.  Any thoughts, I hate to see this go to the junk pile if I'm missing something.  Can the mics be tested with older VSX's?  I feel like the codec is junk.

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

Hello, 

Have you tried to reset the ViewStation? Going into System Info then selecting Diagnostics then going to Reset System. You will need to enter the full 14 digit serial number into the serial number field. Make sure you chose Delete System Settings this should set the unit back to factory defaults. If that doesn't help with your issue then it might be a hardware issue. 

HP Recommended

The system only has a 6 digit serial # and I do not see in any of the admin or diagnostic menus to do a hard reset.

HP Recommended

So the six digit serial number will work. I have added the images of the different screens in the attachments. First would be System Info. Once you got into System Info You will go to Diagnostics. Once in Diagnostics your will see Reset System. After going into Reset System you will see were you can enter the six digit serial number to start the reset. At the bottom is the final reset button you need to select after putting in the six digit serial number. The picture are not that good I didn't have any screen capturing device besides my cell phone camera. 

HP Recommended
I went the other route of reinstalling the latest software and also deleting the current settings. I will give your instructions a try now.
HP Recommended
No luck on your suggestion either.
HP Recommended

Sorry that it didn't seem to change anything. If that didn't fix it I would say there is a hardware issue with the VS FX. 

HP Recommended

Any idea if Polycom has a buyback program now?  I don't see a use or a need to try and get this one repaired.

HP Recommended
Does the visual concert FX need to be installed while we are doing the resets? I had it pulled out of the mix since it seemed to be DOA also.
HP Recommended

No you don't need it connected to the VS FX for the reset to work. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.