Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello

Is anyone having the same issue as explain there:

https://support.poly.com/support/s/article/No-Video-when-using-Poly-Studio-X-or-G7500-with-LG-screen...

A X50 (v3.14.2) connected to a Philips screen (any model.. 55BDL, 65BDL, 45BDL....) fails 3 times of 4 to display the video from HDMI 1 of the X50.

Reset factory done, upgrade done, changed HDMI entry port of the screen done.

HDMI 2.0 otpion checked in the monitor.

The only way to show everytime the video, is to poweroff the X50 and turn it on again.

No issue with Samsung, Sony..

Regards

17 REPLIES 17
HP Recommended

Hello @lotfi ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

This would need to come into support

The best and quickest way forward is to contact our Support organization as the community is run by volunteers only.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi @lotfi

We have similar issue with same Phillips monitors.

A Poly Support case is created #34473110 that you can use as ref.

We have been in dialog with Phillips also that recommend to have the monitor updated to latest firmware.

Best regards - Dan Hemsø
Poly Video Professional (VIDEO-PRO) UC consultant
Remember mark as "Accepted Solutions" or if my reply/help is "Helpful"
HP Recommended

hello Dan

Thank you for this reply and the case number  🙂

as it confirm that Philips as issue with Poly.. (again, issue only with this manufacturer, no issue with Samsung, or Sony)

It would be just easy to update the firmware, only if the model can be updated.... Not all the Philips as firmware update available, or ... even an update page on the website.... 

45/55/65 BDL does not have firmware available. or i am wrong.

Regards

HP Recommended

Dan

After contacter Philips, this is the link to download firmware for different model:

Centre de téléchargement | PPDS

I'll try this with a customer, hoping it will resolve the issue. I will update this post.

Regards

HP Recommended

Hi Dan,

The update of the Philipps seems to resolves the issue.

For information, only the models xxBDL3550Q have firmware to be updated.

Regards

HP Recommended

Dear Lofi

Thank you very much for feedback.

We have a few different models out there, also 3550 and 4550. We have upgraded to latest firmware on the TV's but we don't feel confident that it solves the issue.

Along with firmware update there is also update for HDMI card in the screen - did you do this?

Also settings seem to be important - can you confirm these are the once needed:

- HDMI 2.0 set

- HDMI with one wire set

- HDMI autopower with one wire set

- Auto signal detection off

- Power save Mode 4 set

NOTE that we use Studio X in device mode which should leave the output from Studio X on ALL the time, however we see that Studio X has no output until we restart it. This is only seen in combination with Philips TV - we have never seen this with Samsung or Sony...

We would really like to get to the buttom of this...

BR Soren

HP Recommended

Hi Soren

Thank you for this, on the link i sent, there is no mention of 4550 model, so I can not confirm you.

There is no firmware ro HDMI card for 3550 😞

The customer will confirm me today if this resolve the issue.

for the options on the monitor:

- HDMI 2.0 set - yes

- HDMI with one wire set - tested but issue remains sometimes

- HDMI autopower with one wire set - tested but issue remains sometimes

- Auto signal detection off - yes

- Power save Mode 4 set - not tested, by default is Mode 1. I saw no difference in descriptions between these mode

Regards

HP Recommended

Dear Lofi

Yes indeed we have a mix of 4550 and 3550. However we don't see the issue with this model. Only 3550.

I was on visit at customer site again today and updated a 75" to 2.07 - When monitor was set to HDMI2.0 the following happened:

TV is on - image from X30 is fine

Turning off TV - wait 1 minute - turn on TV: NO SIGNAL...

Restart X30 - image is back on TV.

So I was able to reproduce. I have gathered logs and send to Philips for review. I also have gatheres logs from X30 and passed to Poly.

Do you use Studio X in device mode?

BR Soren

HP Recommended

Soren,

That is exactly the same issue for our customers (X50/G7500/X30):

TV is on - image from X30 is fine

Restart X30 - image is back on TV.

It was the same thing for a G7500 in Zoom Mode. Not tested in Device Mode, but I assume it is the same issue.

For us, it is an issue only with Philips. Not from Poly. As it is working perfectly with other brandname monitors.

It would be interesting to hear what Philips is gonna say.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.